Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Q&A (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Canreef Frag Sales Policy News (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89326)

Bblinks 09-02-2012 12:09 AM

[quote=don.ald;742035]some of us have nothing better to do! ;)
Now if we ca just get you to ship frags ... Then...well, you know !

Harbor air is quick and easy...lol. Plus you know I am not that far away...

fishoholic 09-02-2012 12:32 AM

Makes sense to me sounds good :thumb:

MarkoD 09-02-2012 12:43 AM

Was selling frags not allowed before?

Aquattro 09-02-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknife (Post 741988)
Shipping?

what if we can not ship due to lack of time or experience?

Don't have to ship, you just can if you want to..

Aquattro 09-02-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrologist (Post 741995)
Can we post a link to a website if there no is no actual purchasing of corals on the website? (I am pretty sure this is what you mean, but I want to double check) I created a website in my spare time for fun, and I put all my coral frags on there. For me it is easier to post a link to website vs. posting a bunch of photos.....

For the most part I think the majority of the sponsors on this forum have no issues with selling of coral frags, it's only a few that are ruining it for the rest of us.... (this can also be said for the few people who are just chopping corals for profits)

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, as long as it's not a commercial site, and just pics, we're ok with that.
Yes, the majority should be fine. Some less so, but frag sales by hobbyists should not impact their businesses significantly and will generate extra sales in other items from those selling frags. Salt, lights, food, etc. The benefit the hobby sees by trading and selling locally grown frags, vs. ocean captured if far more important. And regardless of who sells frags, I will continue to deal with the commercial sellers that I have in the past. i'm sure most that have, will continue to do so.

Aquattro 09-02-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 742019)
I think you guys are over analyzing this post. It's simply just stating the basic rules of frag selling, if the seller is willing ship they will have the option to do so without having to worry about being banned.

I like to thank canreef and it's staff for allowing us hobbyists to trade and sell home grown frags freely. It will not only generate more interests on the forum but further along this hobby for all of us. Great work guys!

Pretty much on the nose, Rich.

Aquattro 09-02-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FragIt Dan (Post 742030)
I'd like to recommend a new forum category, perhaps "Coral swap/sell - non commercial" or something? I see this becoming rather popular and may overcome the livestock forum.

Dan, that's an option we could look at in the future.