Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   kien's 150g Room Divider Mixed Reef & Stuff (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54164)

Reef Pilot 10-01-2013 10:52 PM

Love those sequence pics, and how you put names to all your SPS. There are still a few of mine that I am not sure of, so that really helps. Wish everyone would do that.

And when I saw your Granulosa, I think I may have that one, although the stocks on mine are more pink than green. The tips look the same though. I saw an Ice Fields Tenuis on the Mad Jelly site, which also looks similar. So am not totally sure.

Good news, is I just bought a new camera. Once I figure out how to use it (LOL), will start posting more pics of my tank and corals.

thmh 10-01-2013 11:00 PM

I love progression shots! You got some serious growing power? Do you does nouc mam?

~Tony

kien 10-01-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef Pilot (Post 848731)
Love those sequence pics, and how you put names to all your SPS. There are still a few of mine that I am not sure of, so that really helps. Wish everyone would do that.

And when I saw your Granulosa, I think I may have that one, although the stocks on mine are more pink than green. The tips look the same though. I saw an Ice Fields Tenuis on the Mad Jelly site, which also looks similar. So am not totally sure.

Good news, is I just bought a new camera. Once I figure out how to use it (LOL), will start posting more pics of my tank and corals.

Ya, they're fun to observe because sometimes you don't notice the growth unless you can roll back and see older pics of them! There are actually a handful of granulosa colour morphs. You could possibly have a different coloured granulosa if the growth is similar to mine :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thmh (Post 848735)
I love progression shots! You got some serious growing power? Do you does nouc mam?

~Tony

You're kidding right? Nuoc tuong ! Come on man, do you even reef??

.. although, I am going to have some nuoc mam for dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvNEUFtyHk !!!

^ These guys remind me of you and Long.

Ram3500 10-01-2013 11:34 PM

Photos

Kien your photos are turning my frown upsidedown :sad: :biggrin:

brotherd 10-02-2013 12:34 AM

Dude grows amazing corals and takes amazing pics of said corals. And makes it sound easy. Is there a Kien kourse for Kool koral?

kien 10-02-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brotherd (Post 848755)
Dude grows amazing corals and takes amazing pics of said corals. And makes it sound easy. Is there a Kien kourse for Kool koral?

Discover the methods that work for you. :-). It's as easy as you want to make it, or as hard as you want to make it. What works for me may not necessarily work for you. What's "easy" for some, may be challenging for others.

At the end if the day, the principals are exactly the same for all of us.

1. Keep your tank clean
2. Keep your tank stable
3. Collect stuff you like.

What's different are the methods we employ to achieve the above. There are so many methods, and they all work so long as you implement them properly. That's the beauty of this hobby.

There is not just one single road, there are in fact many roads that will lead to success in this hobby :-) #LessonNumberOne

ashr 10-02-2013 09:45 PM

Loving the shots! Nice work!

SeaHorse_Fanatic 10-02-2013 10:43 PM

I couldn't agree more. If you ever run into someone who tells you there is only one way to do reefing, run away.

I've seen some of the nicest reef tanks with super healthy, colourful, growing corals that were KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and others that were gorgeous but with all the bells and whistles. Some use RODI, some tap. Some are almost religious about doing frequent water changes, others go months in between. Whatever works for you, stick with that. Some people have more $$ to spend on the high end equipment, others prefer to put in more work and time to so simple water changes to keep up water parameters. It really is more an ART than a science, although a lot of science does go into it.
'

Anthony

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 848775)
Discover the methods that work for you. :-). It's as easy as you want to make it, or as hard as you want to make it. What works for me may not necessarily work for you. What's "easy" for some, may be challenging for others.

1. Keep your tank clean
2. Keep your tank stable

What's different are the methods we employ to achieve the above. There are so many methods, and they all work so long as you implement them properly. That's the beauty of this hobby.

There is not just one single road, there are in fact many roads that will lead to success in this hobby :-) #LessonNumberOne

thmh 10-02-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 848775)

1. Keep your tank clean
2. Keep your tank stable

+1 on this as well! This is my number one advice! Kien just made it sound so deep!

~Tony

Dearth 10-02-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 849000)
I couldn't agree more. If you ever run into someone who tells you there is only one way to do reefing, run away.

I've seen some of the nicest reef tanks with super healthy, colourful, growing corals that were KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and others that were gorgeous but with all the bells and whistles. Some use RODI, some tap. Some are almost religious about doing frequent water changes, others go months in between. Whatever works for you, stick with that. Some people have more $$ to spend on the high end equipment, others prefer to put in more work and time to so simple water changes to keep up water parameters. It really is more an ART than a science, although a lot of science does go into it.
'

Anthony

+1
Unless of course your Kien who is in a league of his own :lol: