Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Grow Op? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70120)

Lampshade 11-22-2010 11:21 PM

Grow Op?

Anyone else wonder what their neighbours are thinking with the creepy over lit rooms, and condensation on the windows? We just moved to this new house and i can only imagine what they think... but they don't want to ask.

I think it's funny, but only until i get a knock on the door one day from a cop asking about my grow op.

BlueTang<3 11-22-2010 11:38 PM

I have been doing a lot of pruning on my sps as of late seems almost every night some one is here leaving with baggies. :lol:

FitoPharmer 11-22-2010 11:38 PM

Funny you ask. It happened to me. I laughed pretty hard. The cop wanted to come and see if there was a "meth lab and/or grow op" happening in my residence. I guess my plumbed together garbage cans look like a chemical factory to some. But I can really see the grow op thing. Tonnes of condensation plus I have a single 400W MH on a 6' light rail. The light will produce a very convincing grow op light effect. The cop had a good laugh in the end after looking around my house. He said fish tanks getting called in for grow ops happens frequently.

hillbillyreefer 11-23-2010 02:46 AM

I live out in the country and at one point on the road you can see the glow from the lights 3.5 miles away. Looks pretty cool. Fortunatley you can see the tanks through the front window so the cops don't need to come in. They aren't getting in without a warrant anyway. That's just me being a dickhead though.

Ian 11-23-2010 03:32 AM

My brother had a roommate who was huge into growing orchids. He kept a small greenhouse upstairs in the condo with grow lights and heaters and all that.....in the 3 years they lived together in calgary I can't tell you how many times the drug task force came calling. Got to the point they actually new many of them by first name. The cops new that they would not be making a bust but when the bosses say check it out they go check it out.

lorenz0 11-23-2010 03:32 AM

Always kept 1 window open. When you drive by you could see the tank.

mark 11-23-2010 03:37 AM

and probably would find some pot growers stupid enough to have the curtains open on the lights on

Magma 11-23-2010 04:48 AM

think our neighbours look at me funny when its pitch black in the house and you see a red light looking into my tank lol

kien 11-23-2010 04:52 AM

windows open with tank in the living room.. ya, oldest grow-op trick in the book!

It sounds like the cops out of town are a lot nicer, but the ones in the city I'm sure would just kick your door down if they suspected anything, fish tank or not! :lol:

Milad 11-23-2010 06:28 AM

i smoke my cheato