Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Rogue One : A Star Wars Story (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=121564)

WarDog 11-28-2016 05:17 AM

Rogue One : A Star Wars Story

As some may know, I'm a huge Star Wars nerd. Tickets just went on sale for Rogue One, the latest outing from Disney's buyout of Lucasfilm. This is the first in a series of 'stand-alone' films, which will also include a Han Solo film (which just started production), and a rumoured Boba Fett film. I have a feeling this will become a new fan favourite, but not sure if it can rival the Skywalker saga films at the box office. Anyone else excited about this flick?... I know my Jedi brother Kien is down!

kyl 11-28-2016 07:02 AM

Hoping to go see an IMAX screening of it.

Dearth 11-28-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 1003027)
As some may know, I'm a huge Star Wars nerd. Tickets just went on sale for Rogue One, the latest outing from Disney's buyout of Lucasfilm. This is the first in a series of 'stand-alone' films, which will also include a Han Solo film (which just started production), and a rumoured Boba Fett film. I have a feeling this will become a new fan favourite, but not sure if it can rival the Skywalker saga films at the box office. Anyone else excited about this flick?... I know my Jedi brother Kien is down!

It's sort of like asking if you like breathing....the obvious and only answer to both questions is ....YES :mrgreen::biggrin::lol:

Bblinks 11-29-2016 06:07 PM

I am in too Warren...:wink:

kien 11-30-2016 12:35 AM

I'm *totally* guessing here, but I predict that at the end of this movie they steal the plans to that moon-not-moon/baby-starkiller-base. I also predict that the plans will be handed off to a "princess" of (maybe) Alderaan.

Those are all just speculative predictions by the way.

#Nerd

Dearth 11-30-2016 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 1003133)
I'm *totally* guessing here, but I predict that at the end of this movie they steal the plans to that moon-not-moon/baby-starkiller-base. I also predict that the plans will be handed off to a "princess" of (maybe) Alderaan.

Those are all just speculative predictions by the way.

#Nerd

You've seen the movie already haven't you or you have a "kien" sense

Ram3500 11-30-2016 02:58 AM

I normally watch any given Star Wars movie "excluding Episode 1 " at least once per week so yes I'm looking forward to it. But I don't think any new film will be better than the first release.

https://youtu.be/hN74bOubUug

gregzz4 11-30-2016 04:14 AM

With the whole Lucasfilm buyout thing in mind, I'm sure this next movie will be a CG spectacular.
Disney has been pretty good in the past, and they have some money to spend on movies, don't they?
How many of us really care about story lines ... ?

I mean, c'mon, what else is there to tell about the whole Saga?
(sorry Warren, you know they don't care about the die-hard geeks. They aren't going to reply to your e-mails)
All we want to see are special effects, ya ?!!!!
They are going to steer this next wave of movies towards the next generation, so you won't even get it in your inbox !!

OK, I'll say it

I'm really disappointed that Lucasfilm sold out. But all things must happen eventually.
I've seen how quickly Disney has started producing movies since and can only state this;
The franchise is going to take a new turn, and hopefully it won't be towards the Death Star

Hopefully Kids will take a message from this movie.

I just wish they would use their own minds

Myka 11-30-2016 12:36 PM

What's going on? I had no idea you are a Star Trek fan Warren.

WarDog 11-30-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1003157)
What's going on? I had no idea you are a Star Trek fan Warren.

Oh Mandy, really? :lol: