Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Contest 2012 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Nanoreefnewbie 2012 nano contest entry (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89907)

nanoreefnewbie 09-19-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 747650)
You do have enough filtration but mini refug will help you with the nitrate. The fluval won't be of much use in saltwater. I used a 20gallon aqueon for chemi pure elite and purigen. Ofcourse it is not mandatory or anything, just helps :D

The fluval heater is keeping up nice 77 degrees and holding...and yeah I'm following nitrates and ammonia and nitrites and ph lol every second day

nanoreefnewbie 09-19-2012 10:39 PM

Well alittle update is I've decided too do a diy protein skimmer and a 10 % water change too start too control algea and ugly brown tank syndrome..also this Friday will be when I add my clean up crew too also help control algea...:lol: super excited how my first reef tank is coming...

Enigma 09-19-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoreefnewbie (Post 747746)
I think it looks great here is a pic of tank with rock and cycling just fine...alittle crowded but it all fits lol..

It fits pretty well. A crowded at k can be gorgeous . . . Just dig through Reef_Geeks threads to see pics of his.

nanoreefnewbie 09-20-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 747791)
It fits pretty well. A crowded at k can be gorgeous . . . Just dig through Reef_Geeks threads to see pics of his.

Thank you it took abit not a few different land scaping ideas and wholla finally ended up with it and I fit all 40 lbs in yay lol
I just thought good natural filtration should be good and id got tons of room for corals caverns for fish undecided on that aspect
His pics all pretty beautiful I only wish lol maybe :biggrin:

Enigma 09-20-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 747791)

Damn you, autocorrect.

That should read "a crowded tank can be gorgeous . . ."

Enigma 09-20-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoreefnewbie (Post 747815)
Thank you it took abit not a few different land scaping ideas and wholla finally ended up with it and I fit all 40 lbs in yay lol
I just thought good natural filtration should be good and id got tons of room for corals caverns for fish undecided on that aspect
His pics all pretty beautiful I only wish lol maybe :biggrin:

It just takes care and time for everything to fill in. You'll get there. :) And, I quite like you scape. You squeezed all that rock in very nicely, and there is interest in the placement.

mrhasan 09-20-2012 01:28 AM

Great work with the rocks :D

Now put in atleast two powerheads to brush water through all those rocks :D

nanoreefnewbie 09-20-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 747818)
It just takes care and time for everything to fill in. You'll get there. :) And, I quite like you scape. You squeezed all that rock in very nicely, and there is interest in the placement.

Thank you I thought it fit in well

nanoreefnewbie 09-20-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 747823)
Great work with the rocks :D

Now put in atleast two powerheads to brush water through all those rocks :D

I've got a 750 gph powered is that still not enough:cry: lol

nanoreefnewbie 09-20-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 747817)
Damn you, autocorrect.

That should read "a crowded tank can be gorgeous . . ."

I hate auto correct too lol my tablet is the worst for it:biggrin: