Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   British Columbia (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Looking for private contractor to make custom aquarium in Vancouver B.C (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126261)

bluebarry 06-08-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKoKoMan (Post 1027810)
Fair enough... hopefully you get a response. Best of luck.

thank you, checked out your thread btw, tank looking mighty fine, super jelly hahahaha

Myka 06-08-2018 12:59 PM

If you go with Concept Aquariums and you want a perfect tank, make sure you tell them that. They make "baller" style tanks, and they make basic run of the mill tanks (that are more cost effective). Make sure you're clear about what you want.

You can also try Raf and Diana at Aquatic Escapes (Google it) they are from North Vancouver. I'm not sure where they get their tanks from.

duncangweller 06-09-2018 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1027812)
If you go with Concept Aquariums and you want a perfect tank, make sure you tell them that. They make "baller" style tanks, and they make basic run of the mill tanks (that are more cost effective). Make sure you're clear about what you want.

You can also try Raf and Diana at Aquatic Escapes (Google it) they are from North Vancouver. I'm not sure where they get their tanks from.

Myka,

Do you have any experience of the tanks from aquatic escapes out of North Van? I've not heard of those guys before and just curious if it's worth a shot or just to go for a marineland (or other bulk manufactured) tank.

I've always liked the idea of a concept tank, but shipping from Calgary to Vancouver, if I remember rightly, is almost the same as the cost of the tank.

Thanks,
Dunc

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

WarDog 06-09-2018 04:42 AM

They just order custom tanks from Concept and charge you a mark up. Lol.

bluebarry 06-09-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncangweller (Post 1027825)
Myka,

Do you have any experience of the tanks from aquatic escapes out of North Van? I've not heard of those guys before and just curious if it's worth a shot or just to go for a marineland (or other bulk manufactured) tank.

I've always liked the idea of a concept tank, but shipping from Calgary to Vancouver, if I remember rightly, is almost the same as the cost of the tank.

Thanks,
Dunc

actually I asked about shipping to Vancouver and you would be surprised about shipping, quite cheap

duncangweller 06-09-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 1027827)

Good to know, thanks.

And Myka, I'll give concepts a call again as it's been a couple of years and see what they can do.

Thanks to you both.

spit.fire 06-09-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 1027827)

not how it works

Myka 06-10-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncangweller (Post 1027825)
Myka,

Thanks,
Dunc

Sorry, I don't have any information about Aquatic Escapes. I can't vouch for them either - I've never seen their work. They used to be active on the forums here years ago, and I used to see Raf at J&L Aquatics going in for supplies when I worked there over 10 years ago. So they've been in business for at least 10 years, that's a good sign.

duncangweller 06-11-2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebarry (Post 1027831)
actually I asked about shipping to Vancouver and you would be surprised about shipping, quite cheap

You were right, I was quoted only $100 to ship to a depot in Vancouver or $175 to a house for a 4ft tank. That's pretty fair I'd say.

bluebarry 06-11-2018 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncangweller (Post 1027849)
You were right, I was quoted only $100 to ship to a depot in Vancouver or $175 to a house for a 4ft tank. That's pretty fair I'd say.

what did you end up choosing ? im wasn't offered getting the tank delivered to the house though but sounds like a good option since i don't own a pick up.