Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Newfoundland (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Preliminary Group Buy Interest (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72959)

Northernseacorals 02-19-2011 10:56 AM

Preliminary Group Buy Interest

Hello fellow Newfoundlanders,

I would like to know if there would be any interest in a group buy of frags from anywhere really, one place I have noticed with some good looking stuff is Coral Master however if you have some other ideas let's here them.

I figure I would run this up the flag pole and see who salutes.

nlreefguy 02-19-2011 03:21 PM

I would be in on that for a couple of items. I don't know if you knew but there is a new reef club here in St. John's that has a meeting coming up next week. I'm a member and I could ask if there's anyone interested there... I expect there would be a fair amount of interest.

Northernseacorals 02-19-2011 03:35 PM

Do you guys have a website yet for related information, or a blog?

I would be into getting into town for a meet sometime, it would be cool to know the event calendar.

nlreefguy 02-19-2011 05:39 PM

No, but that's a cool idea. I'll look into setting one up next meeting. Of course, we're really new so this is only our 2nd meeting but we've got a lot of interest and a dozen or so members already so that's not too bad I think. Getting the word out would really help, there's some newfs on Canreef so they should know.

Northernseacorals 02-19-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlreefguy (Post 592484)
No, but that's a cool idea. I'll look into setting one up next meeting. Of course, we're really new so this is only our 2nd meeting but we've got a lot of interest and a dozen or so members already so that's not too bad I think. Getting the word out would really help, there's some newfs on Canreef so they should know.

Depending on how serious a person would like to get with the blog, I have a handful of VB licences that are still valid.

I think a blog would be sufficient for now though, it's a good idea yes !

Snappy 02-21-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northernseacorals (Post 592418)
Hello fellow Newfoundlanders,

I would like to know if there would be any interest in a group buy of frags from anywhere really, one place I have noticed with some good looking stuff is Coral Master however if you have some other ideas let's here them.

I figure I would run this up the flag pole and see who salutes.

I have been getting a lot of great corals in lately. My website should be updated in a week or so. Please keep an eye out for that.

Northernseacorals 02-21-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snappy (Post 592790)
I have been getting a lot of great corals in lately. My website should be updated in a week or so. Please keep an eye out for that.

Thanks mate for the quick update !

Katie3G 02-22-2011 04:34 AM

I am interested in a group order.

hippo! 02-22-2011 11:36 PM

always looking for dry good group orders also ;)

Northernseacorals 02-28-2011 03:51 PM

I got hold of the fella from OceansDirect.ca about an order and he has many things in stock; however he is going away to LA until March 8th, he will be ready to accept new orders on the 9th.

Just a heads up for everyone,

ps. I also did ask about Fedex overnight to Newfoundland for $35 and it's a go for that price, I did not receive an answer back about how many items per box before we get charged again ** I must have missed him ** so I will post the reply here when I receive it.

Have a nice week everyone.