Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   fijireefrock.com (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Activated Carbon UPDATED with video (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74382)

eli@fijireefrock.com 04-04-2011 11:51 PM

Activated Carbon UPDATED with video

ROX1.3 VIDEO DEMO COMPARISON

ROX1.3
Our new and improved Rox1.3 granular shaped activated Carbon is chosen and patented between 175 different types. We offer you the top grade of superior adsorption properties and an ultra high purity levels for your saltwater tanks and mine

A little technical information about Rox1.3 Activated Carbon Total surface area is well over 1670 m2/g surpasses even the highest Activated Carbon of water purification. Steam and acid washed to have the lowest mineral content, a mixture of larger and micro pores for a better surface area penetration with the lowest dust content and is thermally reactivated.

Ways of using ROX 1.3
Place the amount needed in a filter suck in a semi turbulent part of the sump
Best is used in a reactor with enough turbulence for keeping the ROX1.3 free flowing with the tank water

I recommend that the best way of maintaining highest purity and clarity of your tank water is to replaced ROX1.3 every 3 weeks making it part of your regular tank maintenance
A rule of thumb using 0.75 of a cup to every 100glns of your tank water for a medium loaded tank adjustment is always needed as you see fit
Most importantly don't forget to enjoy the growth of your saltwater tank be a fish only or a full mix reef

Never hesitate for any questions you might
have on any of our product as we are happy to facilitate its use

lastlight 04-04-2011 11:59 PM

Any idea how they compare to ROX?

es355lucille 04-05-2011 12:03 AM

Carbon and GFO supplier for bulk would be really handy. Providing the pricing is in the ball park.:mrgreen:

eli@fijireefrock.com 04-05-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 604317)
Any idea how they compare to ROX?

Well the best grade i received is ROX with a couple different grain size
sorry i should have added that in the main post.

eli@fijireefrock.com 04-05-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es355lucille (Post 604318)
Carbon and GFO supplier for bulk would be really handy. Providing the pricing is in the ball park.:mrgreen:

Still Trying my best to get GFO to us.

Twinn 04-05-2011 01:12 AM

I would be interested in bulk GFO and Carbon. As I order both from Bulk Reef Supply right now.

Delphinus 04-05-2011 01:42 AM

Well as you and I have discussed before, ROX for certain. If you bring it in, people will buy it. As for the other choice .. I don't know what the other 3 choices are. :) I wouldn't even entertain any of them if you had the ROX.

If I were selling though then I'd look at it two ways: ROX and lignite or something that you can't get just anywhere (any LFS can sell you carbon, but who sells ROX as it is). Or alternatively, ROX and then some cheaper alternative for the budget-friendly alternative.

eli@fijireefrock.com 04-05-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 604345)
Well as you and I have discussed before, ROX for certain. If you bring it in, people will buy it. As for the other choice .. I don't know what the other 3 choices are. :) I wouldn't even entertain any of them if you had the ROX.If I were selling though then I'd look at it two ways: ROX and lignite or something that you can't get just anywhere (any LFS can sell you carbon, but who sells ROX as it is). Or alternatively, ROX and then some cheaper alternative for the budget-friendly alternative.

For offering 2 products your thoughts are on the nose Tony.
But still the cheaper product is not soo cheap as i wouldn't offer anything i don't feel right to place it in my own tank.

The Grizz 04-05-2011 02:35 AM

Eli is the ROX in a pellet form? That would be my preference.

eli@fijireefrock.com 04-06-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 604368)
Eli is the ROX in a pellet form? That would be my preference.

Sorry for a late reply, this is the same RoX as everyone is interested in and yes it is pellet form.
I will put a detailed information on the ROX.