Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Territories (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   NWT government sending me to Edmonton for fish (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85778)

ensquire 04-26-2012 04:47 PM

NWT government sending me to Edmonton for fish

They call it a medavac, but I am definitely going to pick up a nice large box of fish to bring back. All expenses paid with hotel room and ground transfer.
Hopefully the kidney stones will be finished with after this.

Flash 04-26-2012 04:56 PM

LMAO! awwww I hope you're okay....

Zoaelite 04-26-2012 04:56 PM

Good luck on the stones, snag some photos and make sure to stop by Red Coral Edmonton while your there!

SeaHorse_Fanatic 04-26-2012 04:57 PM

"Any luggage sir?"

"No, just the cooler."

"Cooler?"

"Yes, I'm from the frozen north and it keeps my long-johns chilled the way I like 'em when I go south.":lol::wink:

troni 04-26-2012 04:58 PM

thats coolish! G/L wiht the stones! post a add on the buy and sell lots of people will help you out. also talk to steve at red coral hes a good guy. when are you coming down?

ensquire 04-26-2012 08:02 PM

Hey thanks everybody, Hopefully I get to leave here tomorrow. The sooner the better.
I have done the cooler return in the luggage trick a few times now. Works great and saves about 80.00 in shipping charges.
Sounds like they are going to go all Star Wars on stones and laser them. so hoping its a small laser LOL

Claudia 04-26-2012 09:19 PM

Good luck with that surgery, u will b good in no time :)

BlueWorldAquatic 04-26-2012 10:43 PM

actually I think they use ultrasounds for that now, still have to passs the smaller stones though (ouch)

intarsiabox 04-27-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic (Post 710299)
actually I think they use ultrasounds for that now, still have to passs the smaller stones though (ouch)

I saw a show on this once. The ultrasound waves blow the stones up into a powder. It looks like a little explosion on the display screen. Still doesn't look like lots of fun though, I drink lots of water in hopes that I don't have to go through this myself. At least if the OP gets some good fish there's a bit of a silver lining!

ensquire 04-27-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic (Post 710299)

Quote:

Originally Posted by intarsiabox (Post 710332)
I saw a show on this once. The ultrasound waves blow the stones up into a powder. It looks like a little explosion on the display screen. Still doesn't look like lots of fun though, I drink lots of water in hopes that I don't have to go through this myself. At least if the OP gets some good fish there's a bit of a silver lining!

I wish, Nope they put one under and insert laser and blast them . Ultrasound was old way .