Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What fish would you get (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100541)

Amadod2 09-07-2013 07:27 PM

What fish would you get

So if you guys had to start your tank all over again and could only choose three fish for a 75g what fish would you choose and why??

My list so far:

powder blue tang
leopard wrasse
masked rabbit fish

i love the colours and designs on these fish

thmh 09-07-2013 08:20 PM

Radiant wrasse
Sail fin tang
Clown trigger

~Tony

Snufflupagus 09-07-2013 09:26 PM

Purple tang
Any of the anthias
And a leopard wrasse

Myka 09-08-2013 02:47 AM

So far you guys all have terrible suggestions for a 75 gallon tank!! A Powder Blue Tang, a Sailfin Tang, or a Purple Tang in a 75??? That's awful. :(

I would suggest a trio of Flame Wrasses or Hooded Wrasses. Why? They will never outgrow the tank. They are peaceful to other fish (besides possibly some other wrasses). They are easy to keep once acclimated and not prone to disease. They are beautiful. A trio will provide you with one super male, one sub-dominant male, and one female thus providing the best color display and likely spawning rituals as well.

Amadod2 09-08-2013 04:22 AM

Well I see many 75 and 90 tanks with more them two tangs I don't see why having one tang in a 75 would be bad, yes I understand they get big and need swimming space

thmh 09-08-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 843817)
So far you guys all have terrible suggestions for a 75 gallon tank!! A Powder Blue Tang, a Sailfin Tang, or a Purple Tang in a 75??? That's awful. :(

I would suggest a trio of Flame Wrasses or Hooded Wrasses. Why? They will never outgrow the tank. They are peaceful to other fish (besides possibly some other wrasses). They are easy to keep once acclimated and not prone to disease. They are beautiful. A trio will provide you with one super male, one sub-dominant male, and one female thus providing the best color display and likely spawning rituals as well.

i got to excited when i read choose 3 fish:D lol dont do clown trigger!!!xD

naesco 09-08-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadod2 (Post 843838)
Well I see many 75 and 90 tanks with more them two tangs I don't see why having one tang in a 75 would be bad, yes I understand they get big and need swimming space

If you understand tangs need swimming room than you have got to see that having only one tang would be bad. I mean, it is not half bad, it is bad.

naesco 09-08-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thmh (Post 843728)
Radiant wrasse
Sail fin tang
Clown trigger

~Tony

A sailfin tang in a 75 gallon. You better stick to corals.

Edit come to think of it, if Mad Jolly Corals is giving such terrible advice about fish stocking you have to wonder about the quality of the advise they give about coral.

albert_dao 09-08-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naesco (Post 843855)
A sailfin tang in a 75 gallon. You better stick to corals.

Edit come to think of it, if Mad Jolly Corals is giving such terrible advice about fish stocking you have to wonder about the quality of the advise they give about coral.

Dude, what is your schtick? Are you this churlish in person? You know you have the option to not come off as an arrogant jackass every time you make a post right?

Here, watch:

@ Madjellycorals

I have to disagree with your choices of fish in this regard. Clown triggers and sailfin tangs will simply outgrow a 75 gallon tank.

There, easy and I don't implicate myself as a narcissistic turd scrape.

You're welcome.

Wheelman76 09-08-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albert_dao (Post 843857)
Dude, what is your schtick? Are you this churlish in person? You know you have the option to not come off as an arrogant jackass every time you make a post right?

Here, watch:

@ Madjellycorals

I have to disagree with your choices of fish in this regard. Clown triggers and sailfin tangs will simply outgrow a 75 gallon tank.

There, easy and I don't implicate myself as a narcissistic turd scrape.

You're welcome.

Well said!!!