Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Clean algae from zoa frag (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81513)

2pts 01-01-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanomano (Post 666651)
I used a 1 part peroxide to 3 parts water for when I dipped to revive mine, worked like a charm! I probably only had to dip for 1 1/2 minutes or so

Yeah, I should say, I did 4 parts tank water :1 part 3% hydrogen peroxide for 5 minutes.

chandigz 01-01-2012 08:03 PM

I've been peroxide dipping zoas/palys for a few years now. I use 10% peroxide to water and dip 15 minutes. Kills all algae, zoa eating nudies as well as their eggs(my main reason for dipping), flatworms, and other nasties. It also stops zoa fungus(my other reason). Killing algae was just a bonus.

lastlight 01-01-2012 09:19 PM

I haven't seen these two surviving blue zoas this wide open in months. Great little trick!

Nano 01-01-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 666684)
I haven't seen these two surviving blue zoas this wide open in months. Great little trick!

And cost effective! Thanks to Daniella3D for teaching me this one haha (I think I owe her a frag of my purple hornets ;) )))

lastlight 01-04-2012 09:09 PM

It's been a few days... both dipped pieces are SPOTLESS. You can't find even a hint of green anywhere on them and all polyps are out. I wish I could safely dose the stuff direct to the display lol.

Borderjumper 01-04-2012 09:24 PM

Awesome! Wonder if the dip would melt these nasty blue clove polyps growing on my zoas?

daniella3d 01-05-2012 04:02 AM

I read this! :)

but you owe me nothing, just glad I could help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanomano (Post 666685)
And cost effective! Thanks to Daniella3D for teaching me this one haha (I think I owe her a frag of my purple hornets ;) )))

Nano 01-05-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniella3d (Post 667957)
I read this! :)

but you owe me nothing, just glad I could help.

:)

Its a realy awesome method, and I'm glad to hear its worked for so many, as well as helped your problem Brett! Hope your Zoo's come back stronger then ever! Don't be afraid to give them a second dip in a few weeks if you notice anymore algae or fungus or anything, they are fairly hardy from what I am learning, and will survive quick the beating.

Eduardo 01-05-2012 05:20 AM

Haven't tried this method but from what I have read on this thread, couldn't this method be used as an effective coral dip for new zoasthat you are introducing into your tank?

Also, couldn't this be used to a lesser degree as adip for the plug/rock base of an sps frag or the stalk of branching LPS like frogspawn?

gregzz4 01-05-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduardo (Post 667997)
Haven't tried this method but from what I have read on this thread, couldn't this method be used as an effective coral dip for new zoasthat you are introducing into your tank?

Also, couldn't this be used to a lesser degree as adip for the plug/rock base of an sps frag or the stalk of branching LPS like frogspawn?

I'd also to like to know the answer to this ...