Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   lastlight's 225 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41736)

pterfloth 11-30-2009 02:32 AM

Brett,

Sorry to hear about your wife. Thought you ought to hear this. My father had an aggressive form of leukemia and was given 3 months to live. Then he began treatment. That was 15 years ago and he still going strong at 84.

Wishing your wife the same good fortune!

lastlight 11-30-2009 08:50 PM

Thanks everyone. She just had her breathing tube removed so she's much happier and it already looks like that will reduce her nausea a ton. She's doing a few tests right now and I'm sure she'll kick some cancer butt.

In reef related news my singular chaetoBall is getting massive =)

JDigital 11-30-2009 08:57 PM

Good to hear the progress with your wife!

Not that it's been the first thing on your mind (if at all even?), but is your cycle finished?

GreenSpottedPuffer 11-30-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 468983)
Thanks everyone. She just had her breathing tube removed so she's much happier and it already looks like that will reduce her nausea a ton. She's doing a few tests right now and I'm sure she'll kick some cancer butt.

In reef related news my singular chaetoBall is getting massive =)

Glad to hear you still have your sense of humor! She will want you to be your normal self Im sure. When I go for treatment it gets tiring having people feel so sorry for you and thinking they can't be funny or act joyous around you cause your sick or in pain.

You will be a great person to help her get through this and kick some cancer butt as you say. I know first hand that so much of beating cancer is mental. You have to stay strong and just not be willing to let it take over your life. It really is a battle but you can learn so much about yourself through it.

Nice to hear she is getting a little better each day :wink:

lastlight 12-01-2009 12:51 AM

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm super positive now. And she was worrying about me fainting while I held hEr hand during today's adventure. Sure I had to spend a Christmas eve in ER because I fainted watching her get an IV put in. Hit my head and had staples and concussion. But I told her I was used to it just relax lol. She's one tough cookie. Not me.

Update

Brianne had her lung and heart drain tubes removed. All IVs removed and a single put in to be used until she leaves. All cleaned up and had her first drink. Shes looking like a million bucks and you can tell feels much better. She may get to leave the noisey ICU tonight for a quiet private room in another area.*

christyf5 12-01-2009 01:10 AM

Great news Brett!! :biggrin:

Lance 12-01-2009 01:50 AM

That is Great News!

purelife 12-01-2009 02:04 AM

Great news!

hillegom 12-01-2009 02:12 AM

Thats good to hear. We are all pulling for the both of you.

shrimpchips 12-01-2009 03:39 AM

Glad to hear all the good news about your wife and your ChaetoBalls.

Dez 12-01-2009 04:13 AM

So glad to hear that things are heading in the upward direction! :biggrin:

muck 12-01-2009 04:19 AM

Heres to hoping for a private room and a good nights sleep tonight.
So happy to hear she is doing much better!

http://www.head-case.org/forums/memb...09-woohoo2.gif http://www.head-case.org/forums/memb...09-woohoo2.gif

Ryan

lastlight 12-01-2009 04:28 AM

Well she never made it to her new room tonight before I had to leave anyways. I'm back home and working of all things. Have to keep this house here for when she returns and get used to the idea of being a single income house!

So naturally I'm on canreef. Some things DON'T change. And I'm male...so that is OK =)

Oh and great story pterfloth. Thanks a lot for sharing!

muck 12-01-2009 04:30 AM

Just means you need to charge your clients more.. :razz:

lastlight 12-04-2009 05:59 AM

Well we've spent two nights now in her new room at the hospital. She's standing very briefly, had a lot of tubes removed and ate some solids today. I'm also working from the room now so there's a touch of normalcy back in our lives at least.

As for the tank she's running like a silent champ still. Bugs everywhere and a chaetoBall of massive proportions. I want to at least toss some chromis in but not until I'm at home more than an hour or two each day.

spikehs 12-04-2009 02:15 PM

good to hear both fronts are doing well!

Leah 12-04-2009 04:21 PM

Glad to hear that you both have a little more privacy. And she is up (even a little) that is wonderful. :biggrin: Lots of people on here that are thinking about you both everyday and the kids. Hope they are good too!

OceanicCorals-Ian- 12-11-2009 03:22 AM

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We are thinking about you.

O.C.

Skimmerking 12-11-2009 03:55 AM

RIght on Brett being the strong one there is always true. Tell her this from me. that her MOM NEVER RAISED A QUITTER.. she will do wonder's like she has done already .

mike

Funky_Fish14 12-11-2009 05:05 AM

Brett:
So sorry to hear about your wife! Im glad to hear things are looking up!
My mom has been undergoing tests for about a year for cervical growths that continue to multiply. My two aunts have had and beat cervical cancer. I can imagine it must be very hard for you guys(the whole fam!), but you seem (both) so strong! Keep it up!

Wishing the best for your wife, yourself, and family!

Chris

hillegom 12-11-2009 05:12 AM

Good to hear your wife is better. Really helps to have a positive attitude, as you both have.
My wife beat cervical cancer 15 yrs ago.
All the best from us both.
Dietmar and Corrie

Leah 12-12-2009 03:39 PM

Brett,

So sorry it has come to this....I am still in shock, not what I expected to hear. Wishing you and your family the best, I hope the house sells quickly and all goes well.
Hopefully you will still be lurking around Canreef regardless we will miss your crude mind/humour. :mrgreen:

Take care,

Leah

muck 12-12-2009 04:09 PM

Damn straight you better still be checking in on us at Canreef... :razz:

Lance 12-12-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muck (Post 471940)
damn straight you better still be checking in on us at canreef... :razz:

+1

andestang 12-12-2009 06:32 PM

Boy I really missed alot here. I very sorry to hear about this. I really loved this thread. Please let me give you the best of prayers for you & your rock. PM me if you need anything Brett.

fishoholic 12-12-2009 09:02 PM

Just caught up, so sorry to hear about everything sending hugs :hug: your way. I pray your wife continues to pull through and get better.