Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Product Review and Equipment Forum (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Best Biopellet reactor (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92458)

Jason McK 12-11-2012 04:13 AM

Best Biopellet reactor

Wondering if people could give me their thoughts on what the best Biopellets fluidized filter is

apexifd 12-11-2012 04:20 AM

best one out there is probably euro reef but, it's not cheap either.

Reef Octopus is nice as well.

I use Aquamaxx, which works quite well for me.

There's also nexreef SMR1 and others similar up flow design reactor.

Delphinus 12-11-2012 04:23 AM

I've been using a Vertex UF-20 for a couple years now and it seems to do well. At least I never need to do anything with it other than add pellets every 6 months or so.

Reef Pilot 12-11-2012 01:33 PM

Ditto on the UF-20. Easy to control tumble with valve on the intake.

H2o2 12-11-2012 01:56 PM

Check out the new Cad Light conic bio reactor under filtersection at J&Ls its plug and play and seems like a good build

kien 12-11-2012 02:43 PM

Been using my Vertex UF-20 for a 3 years now as well. Works well. I'm in the process of looking for a recirculating one though so that I can fine tune the output independently of the fluidization. The new recirculating pellet reactors look cool and if I were to buy a brand new one today I'd probably get the Reef octopus one.

Seriak 12-11-2012 03:06 PM

I am also looking for one, but I couldn't find the Reef Octopus one from my usual online vendors. I did see that JL has the new vertex reactors. Anyone know anything about these yet?

Vertex RX-U 1.5 Media Reactor

kien 12-11-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriak (Post 772311)
I am also looking for one, but I couldn't find the Reef Octopus one from my usual online vendors. I did see that JL has the new vertex reactors. Anyone know anything about these yet?

I groped one of these the other day. It's just a modified UF-15/20 reactor. Seems to me like they just beefed it up a bit with titanium screws, changed the union, and locations of the input/outputs and made the valve removable. That's the only difference I saw between the RX and UF. Otherwise the two reactors operate in more or less the same way.

Skimmerking 12-11-2012 03:10 PM

TLF here I dont have a problem with it running a Hagen 301 on it withthe mod and its tumbles like awesome

kien 12-11-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriak (Post 772311)

Also, BRS has the octopus reactors but I spoke to the Double-Ds at Concepts and they plan to get the Octopus biopellet reactors in soon. Give them a call maybe to secure one for yourself.