Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stanley Cup (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85157)

parkinsn 04-09-2012 02:32 PM

Stanley Cup

So who's cheering for who for the Stanley cup?

There's a few good match up's that I'm looking forward to.
PHI vs. PIT
STL vs. SJS
VAN vs. LAK

GO KING's GO!!!
(or anyone playing the Canucks)

Lance 04-09-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 703111)
So who's cheering for who for the Stanley cup?

There's a few good match up's that I'm looking forward to.
PHI vs. PIT
STL vs. SJS
VAN vs. LAK

GO KING's GO!!!
(or anyone playing the Canucks)

Philly vs. Pittsburgh should be good. A lot of bad feelings there.
The Kings will be but a small bump on the Canucks road to their first cup. :wink:

RedCoralEdmonton 04-09-2012 03:02 PM

I'm cheering for the Vancouver police department, hoping they win this year.....

Steve

parkinsn 04-09-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 703114)
Philly vs. Pittsburgh should be good. A lot of bad feelings there.
The Kings will be but a small bump on the Canucks road to their first cup. :wink:

Pit/phi is one that I will be watching for sure. Definitely some bad blood there.

I don't see them getting their first cup. Unfortunately I also don't see the Kings beating them either :sad: But I can hope.

I hope that Van will see either SJS or CHI in the 2nd round, and that will do them in.

Lance 04-09-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 703123)

I don't see them getting their first cup. Unfortunately I also don't see the Kings beating them either :sad: But I can hope.

I hope that Van will see either SJS or CHI in the 2nd round, and that will do them in.

I know the rest of the world hates the Canucks and wants to see them fail. As difficult as it is for any team to go all the way, (especially in the Western Conference), I actually like Vancouver's chances. Schneider is a much better goalie this year and Luongo will be pulled the instant he falters. We're also bigger this year and won't be beaten up like the Bruins did to us last year. I can't see this team being embarrassed like they were in games 5,6 & 7 of the final last year.

MarkoD 04-09-2012 03:28 PM

Go caps! They're hustling everyone this year

parkinsn 04-09-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 703129)
I know the rest of the world hates the Canucks and wants to see them fail. As difficult as it is for any team to go all the way, (especially in the Western Conference), I actually like Vancouver's chances. Schneider is a much better goalie this year and Luongo will be pulled the instant he falters. We're also bigger this year and won't be beaten up like the Bruins did to us last year. I can't see this team being embarrassed like they were in games 5,6 & 7 of the final last year.

I don't think that the 'Nucks should even start Luongo. Schneider is by far the better goalie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoD (Post 703133)
Go caps! They're hustling everyone this year

Thats going to be a tough one for the WSH. I don't see that turning out well for them. PIT/WSH would be a good final though.

I'm interested to see how OTT/NYR pans out. OTT won the season series 3-1 so that could go either way. Big upset possibly.

fishmanty 04-09-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCoralEdmonton (Post 703119)
I'm cheering for the Vancouver police department, hoping they win this year.....

Steve

+1. It'll be a tough game with all those whacko's that think riots are cool.

parkinsn 04-09-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmanty (Post 703146)
+1. It'll be a tough game with all those whacko's that think riots are cool.

There not? :lol:

I think Vancouver will be way more prepared this time around should they make it that far.

Flash 04-09-2012 04:07 PM

I'm a die hard vancouver fan as I am from there! So I am for them all the way.

although the Pit vs phil series is going to be a wicked one to watch!!

and the people that rioted were not from vancouver... they were from the outskirts like surrey, abby, chilliwack... and so on...and would have rioted if they won or lost... didn't matter they were looking for trouble. regardless it was a year ago... GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!