Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   09/10 NHL Season you Fav's and Predictions (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55956)

pelle31 09-14-2009 02:52 AM

09/10 NHL Season you Fav's and Predictions

Ok as Hockey season is just around the corner,what are your favorite teams and why and what is your predictions for Stanley Cup.

My first team is the Flames. I think the off season moves they made were good. Sutter as coach should make our Dmen actually play more D this year and help give Kipper a hand.
Seem Jokinen will be seeing more ice with Iggy and hopefully they can click. J-BO was a fantastic pick up!! DO NOT START KIPPER 76 TIMES!!! If the D play and forwards come back we can afford McE to show us what he really has. Calgary should be considered a Cup contender this year. I predict they win the Cup this year.

My Second Team is the Flyers,they should be better then last year and I'm thinking they will end up somewhere near the top in the East,but only go 2 or 3 rounds in the playoffs.

Zylumn 09-14-2009 03:58 AM

1) Flames
2) Oilers
3) Canucks

But If I had to bet in Vegas my life savings on a team (pound for pound) I would pick SJ Sharks

StirCrazy 09-14-2009 02:28 PM

although Calgary will one day get a true NHL team, I think San jose is going to be the team to watch especialy after saturdays trade. they have alway been a tough team and now they will be that much harder.

other than that, Edmonton made a few good trades and are starting to get there young guys going so maybe we'll see them off and running this year.

Steve

Lance 09-14-2009 03:21 PM

Canucks are my fave.

Watch out for Calgary, Chicago, Detroit and San Jose in the west and Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Washington in the east.

Treebeard 09-14-2009 03:28 PM

Does anybody think #14 has as serious chance of making the Flames roster? I think it would be great to see him do it, but I have my doubts that he will be able to keep up.

andestang 09-14-2009 04:31 PM

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs23/300W...ackeration.jpg

I've always been a flyer's fan, not sure what will happen with them. All depends on how Emery performs. I still like to support the Canadian teams and always hope they all make it into the playoffs. The summer rumble between Bettman & Balsillies will hopefully be over soon, and who knows maybe one more.

ponokareefer 09-14-2009 04:59 PM

I'm a huge Oiler's fan, and think they can get back in the playoffs this year, but is anybody going to be able to knock off the Penguins when they haven't changed their roster much this offseason? I don't think so.
I think the west is ready for a new team to make it to the finals though. I think it's pretty wide open as to who that will be. My pick is Chicago, but Detroit, San Jose, and Vancouver have a pretty good shot as well, although I think Pittsburgh could take any of them.
As for Fluery, I don't think he has a shot of playing anywhere in the NHL. I think they're giving him an invite out of respect, and hopefully he'll realize that he is out of place.

subman 09-14-2009 06:55 PM

I am a die hard Oiler fan and I see them making the playoffs but just barely like usual. The Flames season still rests solely on Kippers shoulders, I'm still not sold on the Canucks they should be decent but the Sisters need to prove more. I think the teams to beat in the west are:
1. Chicago
2. San Jose
3. Detroit

Teams to watch for are LA and Columbus. La should make a huge leap this year and Columbus will continue to rise.

bill_e 09-14-2009 07:06 PM

Um duh! The canucks!

im thinking were better then any other team posted on here ..(sorry calgary,edmonton,sanjose,philly,) maybe next year! go CANUCKS !

Fox 09-14-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_e (Post 447853)
im thinking were better then any other team posted on here ..(sorry calgary,edmonton,sanjose,philly,) maybe next year! go CANUCKS !

Hehe...based on???