Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Paypal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100840)

Seriak 09-19-2013 08:16 PM

Paypal

Hey,

I just tried using paypal today to pay for some items I am sure my wife does not want me to tell her about after bringing home another fish yesterday. Anyways, it says I have reached my limit and I have to attach a bank account to continue to use paypal. Anyone else experience this. There is no way I am attaching a a bank account to paypal. I don't see any other options besides discontinued use of paypal. Comments? Suggestions?

reefme 09-19-2013 08:22 PM

Same here. I am not going to give them my acc. That why I can not buying anything from Madjelly. I can only buying from eBay.

Ross 09-19-2013 08:24 PM

I experienced the same thing many moons ago.
I talked to the bank about it and they reassured me that any unauthorized access to my accounts is covered with my plans insurance.

I created an account with $100 in it and gave paypal the info to it.
I still always pay with my Mastercard as they have a phenomenal insurance policy.

Seriak 09-19-2013 08:33 PM

I read some nightmare stories where holds were put on money for cancelled transactions which led to nightmares for the account holder. I guess I won't be able to use any vendor who only accepts paypal.

Coralgurl 09-19-2013 08:40 PM

I've had this experience as well and contacted the vendor for alternative payment arrangements. I like e transfers the best, no information provided to another party, once a vendor is set up, its super easy and fast.

Perhaps contact the vendor and ask for an alternative rather than miss out on a great purchase!

Seriak 09-19-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coralgurl (Post 846239)
I've had this experience as well and contacted the vendor for alternative payment arrangements. I like e transfers the best, no information provided to another party, once a vendor is set up, its super easy and fast.

Perhaps contact the vendor and ask for an alternative rather than miss out on a great purchase!

The vendor already took my VISA. Just sad that I can't use paypal anymore as it was easier then remembering my VISA number.

thmh 09-19-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefme (Post 846231)
Same here. I am not going to give them my acc. That why I can not buying anything from Madjelly. I can only buying from eBay.

Have no fear! We take EMT:-)

~Tony

The Guy 09-19-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thmh (Post 846241)
Have no fear! We take EMT:-)

~Tony

Yep! EMT is quick,easy & safe, I like it better than PP

kien 09-19-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriak (Post 846229)
Hey,

I just tried using paypal today to pay for some items I am sure my wife does not want me to tell her about after bringing home another fish yesterday. Anyways, it says I have reached my limit and I have to attach a bank account to continue to use paypal. Anyone else experience this. There is no way I am attaching a a bank account to paypal. I don't see any other options besides discontinued use of paypal. Comments? Suggestions?

That's odd, I don't quite understand what limit you have reached? Presumably you have a CC attached to your paypal account? Doesn't PayPal just charge your CC on file? Or by limit do you mean that your CC on file has been maxed ?

Magickiwi 09-19-2013 09:28 PM

I've used PayPal for untold thousands of dollars of transactions and I've never heard that I've spent too much money and now need to add a bank account...

I suspect you may have been mislead somehow...