Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lower Mainland (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BBQ/Reefers Get-Together at SeaHorse_Fanatic's Jan.16th (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117368)

Reef Pilot 12-28-2015 11:48 PM

I would like to attend, but too early to know for sure if I can make it. If skiing is good, will likely be doing that. Flying is also a possibility, depending on weather.

Went skiing today, and conditions were fabulous,... lots of powder.

msjboy 12-29-2015 05:03 AM

probably drop by

Hi Anthony

Would like to drop by for a quick look but can't stay too long - no dinner for me. Kids might come for a peek too. Will bring you some chip/munchies.

thx
msjboy

byee 12-29-2015 06:00 AM

Anthony, please count me in.

e46er 12-29-2015 06:26 AM

I'm interested.
I'm in the midst of quitting my job and going out on my own so I planing in being there but really hard to commit when I work for myself. Id love to meet more local reefers pm me your address please!

SeaHorse_Fanatic 12-29-2015 07:01 AM

Looks like we'll have a dozen plus coming.

BTW, Doug (Pinhead) has generously donated a RBTA to be raffled off at the BBQ. Thank YOU Doug.

If anyone else would like to donate a frag or something for raffling off to attendees, then please let me know. We'll try to organize some sort of raffling system.

Also, if you all want to bring frags or colonies to swap, sell, buy or donate, I'm okay with that too. I have a couple of large sumps for floating frags. I will keep an updated list of probable attendees when the date gets closer and so it'll be easy for people wanting to buy or sell stuff to just meet here to do the transaction. However, the main focus will be to get together, eat, drink and be merry.

This will be a "family-friendly" event, so kids & spouses welcome. Come for a visit or stay for an hour or five. Up to you. Basically leaving the whole day free for this get together.

Bring your own booze but drink responsibly. A cold one for your host will NOT be refused either :wink::lol: LOL.

For those who work Saturdays, we can fire up the BBQ in the evening.

Anthony

The Guy 12-29-2015 03:37 PM

Hey Anthony thanks for hosting this BBQ, count me in bud. I think telling people they can bring frags is a great idea as well, see you then. :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 12-29-2015 05:14 PM

Another issue to note is that if anyone has food allergies, please let me know. For instance, I use sesame oil and Blackberry wine in my marinades and the Malaysian satay (if I make this) will have crushed peanuts in it.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 12-29-2015 05:31 PM

Well, I guess I'll start the list, broken down into Confirmed, Possible/Probable and Visiting:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic + 3
rsisvixen
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
Aqua Addict
War Dog
Wretch
byee
The Guy

Possible/Probable
Pinhead
Reef Pilot
Etaloche
e46er

Visiting
msjboy + kids

Ok, we're getting to be pretty much full, but we can accommodate this many and more if attendance is spread out a bit throughout the day (ie. NOT have 20 people crammed into my livingroom/dining room at one time :wink: LOL). Hopefully its a nice day and people dress warmly so they can join me outside on the deck too.

If I've missed anybody or you can confirm, post on this thread and I'll continue to update it.

rsisvixen 12-29-2015 05:39 PM

It'll be a + 1 for me Anthony, will be dragging the hubby along :)

Coasting 12-30-2015 12:05 AM

I could probably make cookies or snacks or something of that sort....

What do people like?

I've never fed reefers before :lol:

And if I ditch the doggie barrier in the SUV I could fit 3 people in the back and 1 in the front from poco/coquitlam side of the port man bridge.

I think I remember where Anthonys house is.... I haven't been there in a few years O_o

I will have a whack of Euphyllia that need fragging too if theres anyone after that kind of stuff.