Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Which LED fixtures should I get (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111728)

Madreefer 01-25-2015 06:35 PM

Well I hope those lights work out for you.
Switching to LED is quite a learning curve. A lot of people get frustrated or pist off and end up switching back. You can pick up a pair of used Radions or AIs which both have good names and are used a lot by people for that price. Having others with the same lights is better as you can get help with settings and what not. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but if your looking for awesome color out of your SPS going to LED is the wrong direction to take. Just an opinion from someone who's been running LEDs for a few years now.

jason604 01-26-2015 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madreefer (Post 932139)
Well I hope those lights work out for you.
Switching to LED is quite a learning curve. A lot of people get frustrated or pist off and end up switching back. You can pick up a pair of used Radions or AIs which both have good names and are used a lot by people for that price. Having others with the same lights is better as you can get help with settings and what not. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but if your looking for awesome color out of your SPS going to LED is the wrong direction to take. Just an opinion from someone who's been running LEDs for a few years now.

Too late already pulled the plug. Reviews on these lights r very promising. Many ppl who used AI Sol switched over to them n had improvements. I've been using leds from day 1 n love them for their low maintenance( no bulb change) n virtually no heat gained in my tank.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 01-26-2015 06:14 AM

BTW, the proper term is "pulled the trigger", if you mean have already purchased it.

"Pulled the plug" means you stopped the transaction before it went through.

I think this is why there is some confusion over whether you bought it already or not.

Anthony

jason604 01-26-2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 932225)
BTW, the proper term is "pulled the trigger", if you mean have already purchased it.

"Pulled the plug" means you stopped the transaction before it went through.

I think this is why there is some confusion over whether you bought it already or not.

Anthony

HAHa omg I didn't even realize I was typing plug. Must b the fob in me

jason604 02-12-2015 08:35 PM

Ok this is just stupid. Been almost 3 weeks and they still havnt ev n shipped out my lights yet and stopped replying my emails. Checked other forums n there are TONS of other angry customers complaining about how long it took for them to ship n how rude they r to customers. Website even says dont contact them until it's been 15 business days since order. What kind of company says don't bother contacting them till that long? Some guy didn't even get his lights till 50 days after. Reef radiance is a small family owned company in usa n not China so I expected much more. Srsly thinking of just gettong PayPal to refund me the money n get something elsewhere.

Chowder 02-13-2015 04:58 PM

It might be time to pull the plug!

gobytron 02-13-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowder (Post 935396)
It might be time to pull the plug!

:lol:

I don't think this is too uncommon for this kind of vendor.

They have your money...best to just be patient.

The Guy 02-13-2015 08:06 PM

What the heck ever happened to "GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE" this is why I won't deal with these vendors ever. :doh:

GoFish 02-13-2015 08:08 PM

Were you getting this shipped to a U.S. address? I was just checking the website and it says 1-2 weeks within the U.S.. Could be delayed in Canada customs, not uncommon. Especially with Chinese New year coming

jason604 02-13-2015 08:09 PM

Ok just got my money refunded!! What a waste of time!!! Now back to the search of finding some great lights. N yes I was predicting the future when I said I'm pulling the plug =P. Yes I was using U.S address. It's the fact they don't reply to ur emails that really ****es me off. Tons of super angry ppl on reef central. Mostly ppl who called then on the phone even got hanged up on when they ask why it's not shipped out yet.