Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   fijireefrock.com (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   BULK REEF CHEMICALS free shipping throughout CANADA (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72848)

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-15-2011 03:28 AM

BULK REEF CHEMICALS free shipping throughout CANADA

Web-page updated
with pricing
Any inquiries please pm or
email

I just got some information from one of my suppliers about some USP grade chemicals,and pharmaceutical grade.

i am posting to get some feedback on how much interest there are for these chemicals, as my purchase will need to be large.

calcium-hydroxide Ca(OH)2 pharmaceutical grade
calcium-chloride (CaCL2) pharmaceutical grade
magnesium-chloride MgCl2 pharmaceutical grade
magnesium-sulfate MgSO4 pharmaceutical grade
sodium-carbonate Na2CO3 USP grade
unfortunately sodium bicarbonate will not be added as of yet we are still trying to negotiate a better price.

Calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)2 pharmaceutical grade
Calcium hydroxide------------99.0-107.5%
Moisture ---------0.005

Calcium chloride (CaCL2)
pharmaceutical grade

the rest will be up on caco3reef.com under bulk-chemicals

THE PRICES ARE UP ON THE WEB-PAGE

Delphinus 02-15-2011 05:14 AM

I'd buy them.. See if you can get soda ash too for alk (as an alternative to baking soda) maybe?

christyf5 02-15-2011 10:37 AM

if shipping then yes! :biggrin:

phi delt reefer 02-15-2011 11:27 AM

try to get the pharmacetical grade stuff - not food grade. I don't believe its that much more expensive and its less likely to contain some unwanted impurities.

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-15-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 591285)
I'd buy them.. See if you can get soda ash too for alk (as an alternative to baking soda) maybe?

Yes i could bring in the soda ash.
i think this evening i will get the prices.

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-15-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 591309)
if shipping then yes! :biggrin:

Absolutely i will have shipping,as my business based on shipping product more then pickup.

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-15-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phi delt reefer (Post 591310)
try to get the pharmacetical grade stuff - not food grade. I don't believe its that much more expensive and its less likely to contain some unwanted impurities.

I was given that option to i will check on pricing.

badAZZlars 02-15-2011 09:18 PM

I would be interested. The shipping from BRS is really high and it would be great to get this stuff locally.

Willito 02-15-2011 09:18 PM

Very interested depending on purity. If it mixes as clear water I can use 100lb of each. This is important as I 've used bulk chems from various places/people, none have mixed as clear as BRS chems. I still have BRS chems from two years ago, and once mixed you couldn't even distinguish it from water. I assume it's pharmacutical grade. Can you let us know once you get some sample mixes.

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-18-2011 02:31 AM

i just posted the spec. on calcium hydroxide.
the rest will be up on caco3reef.com underbulk-chemicals

Sorry folks not until tomorrow or maybe later tonight.

Willito 03-04-2011 09:58 PM

Any updates? Were you able to obtain the pharmacutical grades? What does it look like after mixing with water?

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-04-2011 10:09 PM

Yes i will have a sample of all the chemicals by next Tuesday.
Its taking a little longer than i thought because we are trying to work out a price that is feasible for everyone.
And wanting sample shipped is not easy.
hopefully i will have the product by bulk and prepakaged to tend to everyone's needs.
It is going to be pharmaceutical grades.

And i am trying to get some aragonite sand that is between 0.6 and 1.6mm in size. As this is the best size of grain to use in a low to high water flow saltwater reef tanks.More on the sand next week.

Willito 03-04-2011 10:16 PM

Good, please post the result of the solutions once you get it. Hopefully it's a high quality product.

spawn 03-05-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willito (Post 591405)
Very interested depending on purity. If it mixes as clear water I can use 100lb of each. This is important as I 've used bulk chems from various places/people, none have mixed as clear as BRS chems. I still have BRS chems from two years ago, and once mixed you couldn't even distinguish it from water. I assume it's pharmacutical grade. Can you let us know once you get some sample mixes.

+1 on the clear mixing I just got my first batch of BRS recipe 1 last week & even the Mg was crystal clear with no residual in the bottom after 24hrs. Shipping was expensive though as I didn't get over the free shipping limit, so a local supplier would be great. Now that I seem to have my dosing dialed I wish I had bought more.

globaldesigns 03-05-2011 02:12 AM

I would be interested in this... Purity, Price and any recipes for mixing if required.

I will follow to see what happens here.

es355lucille 03-05-2011 02:44 AM

+ 1 on the follow

lastlight 03-05-2011 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawn (Post 595915)
+1 on the clear mixing I just got my first batch of BRS recipe 1 last week & even the Mg was crystal clear with no residual in the bottom after 24hrs. Shipping was expensive though as I didn't get over the free shipping limit, so a local supplier would be great. Now that I seem to have my dosing dialed I wish I had bought more.

Just a note. The free shipping over $175 at brs does not apply to canadians.

If these are as high quality as brs I am very interested but I'd need some hard proof as the brs stuff is incredible and I believe part of my success so far.

ALang 03-05-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 595980)
Just a note. The free shipping over $175 at brs does not apply to canadians.

If these are as high quality as brs I am very interested but I'd need some hard proof as the brs stuff is incredible and I believe part of my success so far.

Don't feel bad, I thought that I qualified a few times before I finally clued in!:redface:

+1 for the quality and price. Will be interested and following this!
Lenny.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-11-2011 06:14 AM

Wish me luck.
If all goes good tomorrow afternoon i will be at the air cargo picking up some product,which includes

BULK CHEMICALS

Man the wait been long.
All chemicals will be of high pharmaceutical grade.

MAYBE SOME VOLUNTEERS FOR TESTING OVER THE WEEKEND (well Sunday and...)

lastlight 03-11-2011 06:20 AM

Fantastic news. I'll be following the results closely. Much rather drive and pickup than give BRS my first-born to ship the stuff.

phi delt reefer 03-11-2011 11:38 AM

BRS chemicals are pharmacetical grade that they purchase in bulk and spend little to no money on fancy packaging or advertising so they can offer the good stuff in large quantities than companies like Kent/SeaChem/Marineland, etc. Most of the other companies use food grade or "industrial grade".

Remember that food grade and industrial grade doesnt necessarily mean its purer - the differenent grades allow for different levels of certains elements to exist within the product. I would think the pharm. grade stuff has fewer "toxic" or "reactive" elements for its probably being used in conjuction with other items to create medication and what not.

I'm sure Caco's stuff will be just as good as lBRS's as long as its certified as pharmacetical grade.

Willito 03-11-2011 01:33 PM

I can vulunteer to test for you. Just have all 3 (CA, ALK, Mag) ready for me and I can pick up on Sunday. PM me your address.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-12-2011 12:28 AM

A very busy day,and its not over yet.
I received the chemicals:smile:
Wow the price difference between food grade and pharmaceutical grade.
Who want to do some testing post some replies.
The 1st 5 people that post on this forum will be the ones to have a 1st go at it and documented of course on canreef and caco3reef.
Sorry only Calgarians or i should say whoever can pickup the bulk reef chemicals.
I should have most of the information on the bulk reef chemicals up in the next couple days.
of course i will be doing some testing to.

The Grizz 03-12-2011 01:15 AM

I would be willing to test some out Eli but officers I am in Red Deer.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-12-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 597853)
I would be willing to test some out Eli but officers I am in Red Deer.

I know you are in town seems like more than you are in Red Deer :wink:
Let me know when you are coming next and you will start testing.

The Grizz 03-12-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elias (Post 597874)
I know you are in town seems like more than you are in Red Deer :wink:
Let me know when you are coming next and you will start testing.

Sounds good I should be down next week, I will let you know when.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-12-2011 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willito (Post 597681)
I can vulunteer to test for you. Just have all 3 (CA, ALK, Mag) ready for me and I can pick up on Sunday. PM me your address.

all chemicals ready.
a pm has been sent.

Skimmerking 03-12-2011 03:58 AM

I'm in need magnesium and kalk and mmmmmmmmm chemicals

Delphinus 03-12-2011 04:01 AM

I'd be interested ... What do you want to see for test results? Things I can think of are 1) ease of mixing, 2) params before/after dosing.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-12-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 597917)
I'd be interested ... What do you want to see for test results? Things I can think of are 1) ease of mixing, 2) params before/after dosing.

all the above (clarity of mixed product,...)
And a detailed writeup about every and each chemical
we carry to have it posted here on canreef and on caco3reef
:biggrin:
Any input good or bad is good enough for me and fellow reefers.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-12-2011 02:28 PM

Good morning everyone
Anyone else interested in testing ...it's free high grade farmaceutical chemicals.
Like I said any impute is good enough...

badAZZlars 03-12-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elias (Post 597981)
Good morning everyone
Anyone else interested in testing ...it's free high grade farmaceutical chemicals.
Like I said any impute is good enough...

I could be a tester. I'm currently using BRS chemicals so should be able to do a direct comparison between mixing and quality.

Ian 03-12-2011 04:43 PM

I would be willing to test..coming Down o Cow town next weekend...I have a180 gallon with no fish yet that would be a nice place to get some base line information..gonna get some livestock next weekend:biggrin:

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-13-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badAZZlars (Post 597987)
I could be a tester. I'm currently using BRS chemicals so should be able to do a direct comparison between mixing and quality.

Sure that would be great.
Get in contact with me.
Not in any way trying to put any other company's product under bad review.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-13-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 598028)
I would be willing to test..coming Down o Cow town next weekend...I have a180 gallon with no fish yet that would be a nice place to get some base line information..gonna get some livestock next weekend:biggrin:

Sure that would be fine if you are willing to drive and pickup the chemicals
get in contact with me.

badAZZlars 03-13-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elias (Post 598201)
Sure that would be great.
Get in contact with me.
Not in any way trying to put any other company's product under bad review.

No of course not, I think i'm safe in saying that BRS is the gold standard for these chemicals so if what you are offering are similar in quality that would be a great thing for Canadians to get a comparable product but not have to pay the high cost of shipping that is incurred with dealing with BRS.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-14-2011 03:10 AM

I have sent out with a couple guys some samples.
Some more samples will be picked up in the next couple days.

So far i received a review on one item, who is interested in reading it..

hillegom 03-14-2011 03:11 AM

I am
I am

The Grizz 03-14-2011 03:37 AM

You bet let's have a read, I think I will have to make a special trip down for a few things and look at a job so I will let you know when.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-14-2011 03:50 AM

Ok here is the one result i received.

Calcium chloride
Pharmaceutical grade

quote"

I have only been able to test the calcium mixture so far.

Mixing:
Used a 1 Gallon container
Poured in 2 cups of calcium chloride
Filled remainder of jug with ro/di just like the () mixture
Similar to () the calcium chloride fully dissolves and come out crystal clear with in a few minutes with no sediment.

Testing:
-Started with my mix of () calcium solution based on the recipe above.
-Mixed 1ml of Calcium Solution with 100 ml of ro/di to dilute for testing
-Tested with elos calcium test kit and came up with 450ppm
-Next tested your mix based on the same diluted solution and came up with 550ppm with the elos test kit

There is definitely some room for error here but to me it would appear that the grade of chemicals that your are bringing in would seem to be a more pure grade and I would be happy to purchase this chemical in the future.

I would probably come up with a slightly adjusted solution type recipe so that the ppm would match what you get from yours. Possibly 1 3/4 cups instead of two cups in a gallon jug. That way people could still use the () calculators on their site to adjust their levels.

I'll be getting the others mixed tomorrow as I don't currently have enough jugs to get everything mixed up. I'll send you messages as I am able to post.

"I found the mixing and clarity to be on par with chemicals and after testing with an elos test kit found that the concentration/purity of the solution was equal or better than the () product which would represent a higher purity/grade of chemical."

"Quote