Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rishu's Really Ridiculous Reef: a 96x20x20 penny tank build (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111946)

Bblinks 05-02-2015 06:29 AM

For sure, heard it's pretty nice!

rishu_pepper 05-02-2015 06:38 AM

No comments on the tank and fish, everybody asks for pics of the plumbing :lol:

Haha I kid. Warren did an exceptional job despite the extremely limited room in the stand/sump. I'll upload a pic later.

A bit worried at the moment as I haven't been able to find the male snowflake clown since I got home. Looked around everywhere for almost an hour, around the tank, on the ground, overflow box, sump, no sighting... :cry:

WarDog 05-02-2015 06:44 AM

Tank looks great in person, and the fish looked super happy!

But yeah... let's see some hardware pics, maybe the Gyre's too!

gregzz4 05-02-2015 06:55 AM

Warren helped you out with your plumbing ?
Way to go Warren !

So, as per the unspoken forum rules ...

No pics - it didn't happen :smile:

Wretch 05-02-2015 06:57 AM

Tank has a nice clean look to it. Great photos.

rishu_pepper 05-02-2015 01:56 PM

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Y'all are welcome to come look in person.

Good news, the male snowflake clown is alive and well. It was swimming in between the gap of a rock and the overflow, and I didn't notice it because it was such a small area.

Will take some hardware pics later :)

daplatapus 05-02-2015 02:35 PM

That tank is looking super awesome, well done.

reefwars 05-02-2015 04:03 PM

Looks awesome Brian , told ya it would all work out in the end you and your wife seem very happy with thprogress as well the system looks like its well on the way to a home run :)

Are you going to clean up the wires for the radions ? A piece of some sort of channel be it aluminum or plastic or even a pie of PVC painted black ran cross the top of the lights to your wall and down would hide your cables and get rid of the sag :)

Only thing missing now is.......zoas lol

Cheers buddy looks awesome :)

Denny

gmann 05-03-2015 02:16 AM

amazing looking tank

rishu_pepper 05-04-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplatapus (Post 948412)
That tank is looking super awesome, well done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmann (Post 948469)
amazing looking tank

Thank you for the compliments. Still lots of room for improvement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 948421)
Looks awesome Brian , told ya it would all work out in the end you and your wife seem very happy with thprogress as well the system looks like its well on the way to a home run :)

Are you going to clean up the wires for the radions ? A piece of some sort of channel be it aluminum or plastic or even a pie of PVC painted black ran cross the top of the lights to your wall and down would hide your cables and get rid of the sag :)

Only thing missing now is.......zoas lol

Cheers buddy looks awesome :)

Denny

Good idea about cleaning up those Radion wires. I'll leave the DIY stuff for when my wife comes back from Europe.

There's a good amount of zoas, but nothing mindblowing yet. I'm waiting to win the next Concept tank journal contest so I can use the store credit to buy them from you ;)

On the advice of Myka, I took the female snowflake out of the tank and into the QT, it was being a huge bully to the other two clowns and I was fearing for their safety. They all love the sebae and think the RBTA is invisible...

Speaking of the RBTA, does anyone's RBTA shrink up every night like mine does? When the Radions ramp down, the RBTA would become much smaller and hide in the shadows of its rock every night. Not sure if that's normal or not.