Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wanted Aiptasia Covered Live rocks (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97348)

themastr 05-03-2013 07:37 AM

Wanted Aiptasia Covered Live rocks

So I'm looking for the most aiptasia covered live rock to buy off someone. The more the aiptasia the better. Let me know

thanks
erick

2bafish 05-03-2013 03:12 PM

Why? Peppermint shrimp?

Skimmerking 05-03-2013 06:13 PM

eric too bad i have a tank full of it

themastr 05-03-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skimmer King (Post 816292)
eric too bad i have a tank full of it

aww man. I will be heading to winnipeg may 24 weekend. I might have to meet up with you.

ill let you know

thanks
erick

themastr 05-03-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bafish (Post 816260)
Why? Peppermint shrimp?

No. hundreds of berghias.
I thought 100 gallon tank full of aiptasia was enough but MAN was I wrong.
my aiptasia tank got wiped out in 2 months. so now I am looking for an infested aiptasia tank.

you got any?

let me know

thanks
Erick

Bill 05-03-2013 06:49 PM

aptasia

Can I just send you my entire tank?

asylumdown 05-03-2013 07:38 PM

Once you've seen what a small starting population of berghia can do to even the largest colonies of aiptaia you really start to understand why aiptasia's are such ferocious pests in aquariums. They've been engaged in an arms race to out re-produce a ravenous predator for millions of years, no wonder they can over-run a tank in weeks.

themastr 05-04-2013 05:23 AM

SO True

Quote:

Originally Posted by asylumdown (Post 816314)
Once you've seen what a small starting population of berghia can do to even the largest colonies of aiptaia you really start to understand why aiptasia's are such ferocious pests in aquariums. They've been engaged in an arms race to out re-produce a ravenous predator for millions of years, no wonder they can over-run a tank in weeks.

I agree completely. They are not bad when they are small but when they hit the 1/2 - 3/4" size. They completely kill every single aiptasia around. I think I can last for another 2-3 weeks and that's it.

we will see hopefully someone has some aiptasia. I started another 50 gallon and a 75 gallon tank to breed aiptsias but they won't be ready for couple more months

:D
erick

monocus 05-04-2013 06:59 AM

aptasia

i find the aptasia grows better if there are some salt water adapted mollies in the tank.also abuse them every night-smack them around,pluck at them ,pour cold fresh water on them,generally just have a good time abusing them

themastr 05-04-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monocus (Post 816459)
i find the aptasia grows better if there are some salt water adapted mollies in the tank.also abuse them every night-smack them around,pluck at them ,pour cold fresh water on them,generally just have a good time abusing them

thanks monocus. I will try that out. For now I'm almost all gone of aiptasia. to the point I am breaking rock rubbleto get to the hidden ones. LOL