Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is there a coral that you can't seem to keep alive? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103533)

spit.fire 12-28-2013 05:31 PM

Is there a coral that you can't seem to keep alive?

The 2 I can't seem to keep are acans and birdsnest (with the exception of bop)

wreck 12-28-2013 05:34 PM

Candy canes for me.

Reef Pilot 12-28-2013 05:36 PM

Strange on the birdsnest. I have 3 different kinds, and all growing like weeds. Having said that, I do have to keep them down low, almost partially shaded.

Aquattro 12-28-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef Pilot (Post 869375)
I do have to keep them down low, almost partially shaded.

I've found that mine always do better right at the surface under the lights :)

Currently, I'm having trouble growing digitata -go figure!!

spit.fire 12-28-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 869376)
I've found that mine always do better right at the surface under the lights :)

Currently, I'm having trouble growing digitata -go figure!!

Tbh I haven't had any digi in a long time, I have a fear of nudis so I won't add any more monti now that my Jedi mind trick and rainbow are growing good

Reef Pilot 12-28-2013 05:54 PM

I have orange digis, also growing well, but they do need a lot of light. When I found a neighboring SPS start shading one, that portion would die off.

I did try Zoas about a year ago, a couple times. But they all melted on me. Even moved them to a separate frag tank, but no luck. I took a frag back to the LFS (Paul's place) where it was examined for possible pests, but none found. So I have given up on them, for now.

SoloSK71 12-28-2013 05:56 PM

Goniopora :(

Charles

mrhasan 12-28-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef Pilot (Post 869379)
I have orange digis, also growing well, but they do need a lot of light. When I found a neighboring SPS start shading one, that portion would die off.

I did try Zoas about a year ago, a couple times. But they all melted on me. Even moved them to a separate frag tank, but no luck. I took a frag back to the LFS (Paul's place) where it was examined for possible pests, but none found. So I have given up on them, for now.

+1. I always laugh silently when someone says "zoas are easy!". Or maybe its just me :sad:

And never had success with any euphyllia coral. Those damned thing wouldn't grow in my tank other than killing things around!

spit.fire 12-28-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloSK71 (Post 869380)
Goniopora :(

Charles

Have you tried alveopora?

Madreefer 12-28-2013 06:04 PM

Zoos, digitata and pink poccilopora. Only cuz my dreaded clove polyps would smother them. Cloves have been gone for quite a while now and now things are doin great.