Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Rant about FedEx/Canada post (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102958)

spit.fire 12-06-2013 06:32 PM

Rant about FedEx/Canada post

I ordered some apex parts shipped via FedEx... They couldn't find my house because they were too lazy to drive further up the road, so later that day I got a call from fedex saying I gave them the wrong address so I gave them detailed directions to my house. Sure enough, they didn't even try to deliver it and handed it over to canada post, in Vancouver of all places. Canada post doesn't come to my door, they just drop off the door tag in my mailbox, they never come to my door but they always tell me they did... My security cameras tell me otherwise.

Finally received the parts today when the first delivery attempt was on Monday

So it's a good thing it was dry goods, I guess no ordering livestock for me

If I have stuff delivered with no signature required, fedex leaves it at the end of my driveway (when they actually manage to find my house) instead of coming to my door. I've had electronics sit in my driveway for 3 days before when I wasn't home.

Jakegr 12-06-2013 07:41 PM

Canada post always does that to me... they don't actually try to deliver the package.

At least Canada post makes it pretty easy to pick up packages though. With FedEx you'd have to drive 30+ minutes to their warehouse.

The one time I ordered livestock online, I picked it up directly from the airport.

Magickiwi 12-06-2013 07:52 PM

It's no better in Calgary. I've had the same issues with both delivery services, UPS was well. A couple years ago I ordered some hunting supplies via Canada Post and they delivered it to the wrong address. They wouldn't admit it and I had to go around and around before I finally received my parcel, opened and several packages opened inside. I made a pretty big stink about that one...

Anyone else in Calgary not gotten any mail since it snowed? My walks have been shovelled since it first came down but not so much as a flyer.

Scuba Diver Gal 12-06-2013 08:37 PM

I am in Calgary and am home all day, most days. i go to my super box (not so super) and there is often "express post attempted delivery" notice. I have complained and continue to complain because they are supposed to attempt delivery. Lazy…Can't imagine in more rural areas.

As for the others, UPS/Fedex, etc. They are all fine in Calgary. But that being said, I have not felt confident to order any live stock even in Calgary. So, maybe I don't trust Fedex and UPS that much :)

carnut 12-06-2013 09:51 PM

My Turn,

Put in an order form one of the vendors,last week, They picked it up and managed to loose it on the delivery truck:tsk:

Tell me have the vendor call and they will look into it!!!! Too much work to find the darn package. Lazy good for nothing.......

Sorry my rant

lastlight 12-06-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magickiwi (Post 864169)
It's no better in Calgary. I've had the same issues with both delivery services, UPS was well. A couple years ago I ordered some hunting supplies via Canada Post and they delivered it to the wrong address. They wouldn't admit it and I had to go around and around before I finally received my parcel, opened and several packages opened inside. I made a pretty big stink about that one...

UPS delivered a BRS box worth prob $800 once to the wrong unit in my condo complex not to mention they left it in the backyard of the wrong place. after calling them and getting no help ("we delivered it already sir") I walked the entire complex. Unfortunately I started walking the wrong way (we're in the middle of a string of places) and circled almost the entire complex when it was in the backyard a few doors down the OTHER way.

I was ****ed!

intarsiabox 12-07-2013 01:36 AM

They all suck! UPS delivered a package to my "neighbor" because we weren't home, the address they gave us was 10 blocks away and of course it was never actually dropped off there. On Monday I got a delivery notice from Canada Post that was dated for the previous Tuesday as attempted delivery, funny thing is I got no mail that week because it was snowing. Looks like the mailman was just picking up the mail and then going home with it as my mail box was stuffed full on Monday. I had ordered another package from a US company that only used Fed-Ex, they completely trashed my parcel 3 times in row destroying the product each time. The company apologized and refunded me because FedEx just wasn't competent enough to deliver to Canada.

hillbillyreefer 12-07-2013 04:59 AM

Ah city problems. Try living 25miles from the nearest town. Most won't deliver to a box number so you must find a kind soul to accept your packages.

Madreefer 12-17-2013 05:14 PM

Purolator who is the Fedex contractor in my town always leaves packages on my doorstep. Yesterday I came home to find that Canada Post left a package on my doorstep and Purolator came as well. But Purolator left the tag on the door and no package this time. Guess it just depends on the driver. Really surprised Canada Post did it this time

kien 12-17-2013 05:58 PM

I've had bad experiences too but it really does depend on the driver/deliverer.

I used to have a terrible UPS driver but last year we got a new one and he is great. He will attempt multiple deliveries to my house knowing approximately when someone will be home from work. Once I saw him drive away from my drive way as I was coming home. I figured he wouldn't be back again until the next day but later that evening after dinner (7pm), he came back with my package that needed a signature. He could have easly just left one of those notices stuck to my door rather than coming back that evening. He's done this a few times.

I rarely have FedEx shipped to my house. Usually to my office.

Canada Post has been pretty good to me recently too.

Of course having said that, I'm likely going to come home to a destroyed package sitting in the snow bank on my front yard this evening.. :neutral: