Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Life after reefing (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128329)

Bblinks 06-03-2019 10:09 PM

I have always said you don't really quit the hobby, you just take breaks here and there. This hobby have funny way of calling you back....month, 2 months, a few years but you always will find your way "home" Mark my works....you'll be back...just ask Brad...lol Enjoy the time off.:biggrin:

Aquattro 06-14-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 1036656)
I have always said you don't really quit the hobby, you just take breaks here and there. This hobby have funny way of calling you back....month, 2 months, a few years but you always will find your way "home" Mark my works....you'll be back...just ask Brad...lol Enjoy the time off.:biggrin:

shhhh

gregzz4 06-16-2019 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal-Chin (Post 1036653)
Its creapy how quiet the house is.

My system has always been quiet.
If you want to do a re-start you should contact me

kwirky 06-16-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal-Chin (Post 1036569)
Anyway, just some thoughts from an ex reefer trying to figure out if he made the right decision. Hope you're all well and still love your tanks.

A reef tank is quite a commitment so taking down one's reef is quite a big decision, practically a lifestyle decision. It sounds like you're coping with change which isn't a bad thing. You can come and go from the hobby with ease and you shouldn't feel responsible to people more than your immediate family so it seems like you're doing what your heart desires, which is good.

If it makes you feel any better, I left the aquarium hobby entirely around 2009, and it was actually a relief to look after some other things in my life for a period. The hiatus lasted about 6 years, and when I got back into the hobby I had matured in my outlook on time and money put in vs reward. I spend less money on the hobby, make fewer changes, and have healthier livestock and more free time as a result. It took the break to make that change.

Whether you get back into it or not, feel good about the change you've made and how things will be going forward. Good luck!

blacknife 06-19-2019 09:52 PM

I don't want to, but SHOULD take a break.

Posted my livestock up for reholming on the local groups, had to take a time out for kid time on the weekend but really it was just stressing me out to much all the vultures messaging me<sorry if any of you are here>. Just before seeing this post i had the brainwave of yeah if all/most of my rock goes and that leaves me with just some coral/small rocks i got about 5 little tanks i can chose to throw that in so i am not OUT of the game untill i can restart. guess i should go mix up some water for that lol.

but yeah.. its all the little things i don't want to miss.

Animal-Chin 09-09-2019 09:14 PM

Well it looks like reefing is in my blood, I just ordered the new Red Sea Max E 170 on Friday...lol Just waiting or it to be delivered and back in I go! lol

Bblinks 09-09-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal-Chin (Post 1038149)
Well it looks like reefing is in my blood, I just ordered the new Red Sea Max E 170 on Friday...lol Just waiting or it to be delivered and back in I go! lol

I knew it!!!! Lol welcome back, just didn’t expect so soon :biggrin:

Dash 09-10-2019 03:06 AM

Michael Corleone was right - you can never stay out. Oh well, welcome back! :lol:

Animal-Chin 09-10-2019 06:57 PM

I am going for a totally different experience though. Way smaller tank, no sps (so I say), no dosing, keeping it all simple with brand new equipment.

DKoKoMan 09-11-2019 06:02 AM

Someone give him a tank warming gift...lil sps frags :lol: