Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Wrasse & Hogfish (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Wrasse - 6 Line Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35951)

Chin_Lee 09-26-2007 11:14 PM

Wrasse - 6 Line Pseudocheilinus hexataenia

Please provide your experience in this poll:
  • Use the top 9 poll questions if your fish has passed away.
  • Use the bottom 7 poll questions if you currently own this fish.
  • Multiple polls are allowed.
  • Select the best answer to the best of your knowledge.
  • Adding comments or elaborating on the cause of death in a post is encouraged.
The options are as follows:

died within 0-3 months
died within 4-6 months
died within 7-9 months
died within 10-12 months
died within 13-18 months
died within 19-24 months
died within 2-3 years
died within 3-4 years
died after 5 years +
currently alive 0-6 months
currently alive 7-12 months
currently alive over 1 year
currently alive over 2 years
currently alive over 3 years
currently alive over 4 years
currently alive 5 years +

Chin_Lee 12-04-2007 02:17 AM

carpet surfing

It was destiny. It jumped out once and after 2-3 minutes, I found it and put it back in the tank. It looked shaky for a few days but then it was as good as new. A few months later, I wasn't around to save it and my wife found my little girl chewing on the dried mummified fish.

Aquattro 12-04-2007 02:21 AM

Mine found it's way into a pump impeller :(

Matt 12-04-2007 01:42 PM

Mine's still doing very well (>16mos), but he does have a bit of a death-wish. He's squirmed into the overflow chamber twice. Not an easy rescue. He seems to enjoy teasing the royal gramma a LOT. Gramma is territorial and does the wide-mouth charge. 6-line dances around him, flashing and prompting charges. Then zip off into the rocks for another snack.

Murminator 12-04-2007 03:53 PM

I was sure i had the worlds fattest 6-line he was so fat he could hardly swim, then he died due to a poweroutage

EmilyB 12-04-2007 07:47 PM

Generally, I got mad at six-lines within a year and got rid of them. My current resident lives with a trigger and now I like them !

Tom R 12-05-2007 11:47 PM

Very nice fish. Had no problems with him until I added a Neon Dottyback to the tank. They didn't fight the Dottyback just kept him in a hole in the rock until he starved.

Tom R

digital-audiophile 12-11-2007 03:02 AM

I've had mine for over two years. Ever since he jumped out of the tank about 5 months ago (I was watching TV and heard one of the cats playing with something by the tankI was able to save him from the carpet and give him fish CPR) however he has been somewhat mentally handicapped since the accident.

Chowder 12-11-2007 04:08 AM

I have had a fat one for about 1.5 years. I have been trying to catch him for about half a year. He decided he liked my sexy shrimp. He ate about 8 of them. Hated him ever since.

castaway 12-11-2007 04:26 AM

currently alive 0-6 months
Pulled him out of the sump twice now is happy but fights with my bicolor pseudochromis
Had a big fat one previously that lived about a week before jumping out