Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mikes 60 gallon corner (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=129093)

Skimmerking 11-11-2019 12:37 AM

Mikes 60 gallon corner

Hey reefer's I am back again. Its been a long time, I got out of reefing in 2014 after moving to the east with the army. I played with the idea of starting on when I moved back here. But the area I was in was famous for power outages. So last year I bought my retirement home which was in a better area. and once I moved in my water had to be sorted out. SO after finding out I had some serious problems with my water, my cichlid tank I was losing many fish.
So now I have retired from the Army after 30 years and 133 days and it feels different. So now I will hang with my boxers and now salt water again.
So step one redo the laundry room and remove all problems.
now my water has a complete water system and of course one fancy dam RO unit ahahah.

so it brings me here I wont be keeping the corner for long once it can sustain life and rock for a year I will be doing my custom dream tank. that one will be the bong.com lol 120x24x24 euro braced. but enough of that. FOCUS peeps.:lol:

TANK:
60 gal drilled towards the top with a over flow box

LIGHTING will be 2 options
LED MITRAS 6200
MH DE 250 from my best friend Doug Lowey's Miss ya still Doug:sad:

SUMP
will consist of a custom one to have a areas

HEATING
2x 300w with temp controller

FILTERATION
ok, ok, ok, I am going to say it My mind is blank. I know right me :lol: the skimmer king who all knew me in the past owned every type of skimmer. So that I could actually give a valid point and opinion to others who love this hobby. But I know that there is newer ones out there so please chime in so that I can here your opinion.

ROCK will be 50 lbs of Key largo dry rock

So its drill the tank time and start the plumbing.

target 11-11-2019 12:47 AM

Can't wait to see some pics.

Skimmerking 11-11-2019 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by target (Post 1039339)
Can't wait to see some pics.

me too since I used to use photobucket and now I wouldn't know where to upload them

target 11-11-2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skimmer King (Post 1039340)
me too since I used to use photobucket and now I wouldn't know where to upload them

Yeah, lately I've just been linking them. Sucks to bit have the image show when the thread is opened, but photobucket really screwed over a lot of people

WarDog 11-11-2019 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skimmer King (Post 1039340)

Try Flickr

lastlight 11-11-2019 05:55 AM

Welcome back Mike! Looking forward to your skimmerless build bro :lol:

bauder1986 11-11-2019 06:06 AM

Hell yah! Definitely following this build. Welcome back bud!

Skimmerking 11-11-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 1039344)
Welcome back Mike! Looking forward to your skimmerless build bro :lol:

you smarted up Brett I will have a skimmer just haven't thought about it lol imagine me not thinking lol

Skimmerking 11-11-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bauder1986 (Post 1039345)
Hell yah! Definitely following this build. Welcome back bud!

thanks bro looking forward to it

titus 11-11-2019 04:34 PM

Hello

Hey welcome back Mike. Which unit were you in before?

Quote:

60 gal drilled towards the top with a over flow box
Get a larger one. Now that you are retired you have more time in your hands so go big.

Quote:

But I know that there is newer ones out there so please chime in so that I can here your opinion.
Get one with a recirculating pump and neck cleaner.

Quote:

Why not upload to this site? Can't wait to see photos.

Titus