Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The not so slow 75 gallon Tattoo Shop build...NEW PICS FEB 3 2011 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68117)

Rbacchiega 09-16-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 549138)
Assessor Basslet: either blue or yellow. (Awesome looking fish!) They are a little on the shy side though, so maybe a couple of clowns as well or something else that all the customers are familiar with. Clownfish are always a big hit in public viewed tanks.

that's what I was thinking....both species actually. Clowns are personable and always out and about, so that'll be nice....and the Basslet is just a bad ass little fish

Rbacchiega 09-22-2010 08:48 PM

Saltwater in a jug *swoon*

lobsterboy 09-24-2010 04:08 AM

i think this tank is going to be pretty cool, especially when you start to add some baller acans, zoas, lets hope for a few smoking SPS too.

Rbacchiega 09-24-2010 04:04 PM

oh god...I knew someone would mention SPS...I want to keep this tank low maintenance....but I guess I could get a few easier ones....DAMNIT JOHN!

TheMikey 09-24-2010 04:11 PM

Everyone's tank eventually becomes an SPS one. Seriously.

The only thing more inevitable is an upgrade.

It's just much cheaper to do it now than later ;)

gobytron 09-24-2010 05:22 PM

get a yellow assessor.
The blues are really cryptic and dont like movement outside the tank.

the yellows are way braver and better bang for buck for that reason.

Rbacchiega 09-24-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMikey (Post 551186)
Everyone's tank eventually becomes an SPS one. Seriously.

The only thing more inevitable is an upgrade.

It's just much cheaper to do it now than later ;)

haha no room for an upgrade. We are a tattoo shop, so have to have the flash on the walls as the main focus of the shop...but what's nice about a 20 gallon long is the 30 inches of length that will give it an illusion of being a larger tank. I've even been considering doing a foam back wall with some ledges and then leaving the front open for swimming. Two things really stop it from happening...A) I'm lazy and B) well...I'm lazy.

lobsterboy 09-25-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbacchiega (Post 551184)
oh god...I knew someone would mention SPS...I want to keep this tank low maintenance....but I guess I could get a few easier ones....DAMNIT JOHN!

I would be all over some of those aqua cultured SPS from Doc. Foster some of those are pimpin.

I am sure which ever way you go, its goin to look awesome.

but IT would look way way more awesome with some ORA and Cherry corals SPS :lol!:

Rbacchiega 09-25-2010 02:22 PM

ha ha it would...and with the T5s I COULD realisticalls get some nicer SPS up near the top of the rockwork...afterall the tank is only 12inches tall...hmmmm....Damnit!

TheMikey 09-25-2010 04:19 PM

My 4 x 24W T5 is bleaching my new acros at the top of my tank. They're now on the sandbed acclimating to the lights. Shouldn't have any issue keeping SPS with T5s :)