Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Help with apex Jr network round 7! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105248)

windcoast reefs 02-27-2014 08:38 AM

Help with apex Jr network round 7!

Okay so I bought an apex jr 2 years ago to help monitor my tank, but I cannot remotely access the controller.

It works fine in the network, but not on 3g.

So here is my setup.
There is my main router that runs into the house (can't disable wifi since other people use it) which the branches to my router. My apex is hooked yo my router.

Now I have port forwarded through the main router (my router is as well) and the port is open, but I can't seem to connect my apex.

Any suggestions?

Wheelman76 02-27-2014 08:49 AM

This is probably not the advice youre looking for , but if no one else on here gives you specific instructions on how to do it , then give Neptune a call. They have great customer service and walked me through the process over the phone, as I was having some problems getting mine to work too.

windcoast reefs 02-27-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelman76 (Post 883139)
This is probably not the advice youre looking for , but if no one else on here gives you specific instructions on how to do it , then give Neptune a call. They have great customer service and walked me through the process over the phone, as I was having some problems getting mine to work too.

Thanks for the advice, worth a shot.

makana 02-28-2014 12:22 AM

you are running a router off a router? If that is the case then you are double routing as well as double NATing and double PATing. I doubt you will be able to get it to work in that configuration.

Can you run it off the main router? Do you need to be routing a second time? Can you configure the router port the apex is on to be a DMZ?

spit.fire 02-28-2014 05:57 AM

is it a shaw wifi router/modem? model Cisco DPC3825? if so good luck haha

reefermadness 02-28-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

It works fine in the network, but not on 3g.
This statement doesnt make sense to me. I think you are saying it works fine locally on your network but not over the internet? Or do you have some sort of cellular adapter for your apex?

windcoast reefs 02-28-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spit.fire (Post 883310)
is it a shaw wifi router/modem? model Cisco DPC3825? if so good luck haha

No its a telus router. Doesn't get anywhere near the coverage I need so I had to get another router. I can't really get by it since the modem/router from telus only has 2 outputs on it which are both used.

windcoast reefs 02-28-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefermadness (Post 883330)
This statement doesnt make sense to me. I think you are saying it works fine locally on your network but not over the internet? Or do you have some sort of cellular adapter for your apex?

I can access it within my network, but I cannot access it remotely through my cell (on 3g) or from another network.

windcoast reefs 02-28-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makana (Post 883253)
you are running a router off a router? If that is the case then you are double routing as well as double NATing and double PATing. I doubt you will be able to get it to work in that configuration.

Can you run it off the main router? Do you need to be routing a second time? Can you configure the router port the apex is on to be a DMZ?

Only thing I could try it to find an adaptor that will split the ethernet cable. Ill look around town for something.

nerdz 02-28-2014 08:11 PM

Can you call Telus and have them Bridge your modem/router, making it a modem only. then plug it into your wireless router?

I did this with SHAW