Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   My addiction 300DD (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81707)

Bblinks 03-08-2013 05:24 PM

Got home yesterday and the puddle presists. After a busy evening with the kids I finally got them into bed and immediately I started my investigation of this illusive leak. I tighten all the fitting and bulk heads like every mentioned and sat back down to plan out my nightmareish weekend ahead of me but to my surprise the drip has stopped. God what a relief, I was so close to taking a bat to the whole tank, although it would've made a even bigger mess but that was my mind frame at the time. Its was funny I checked all around the fitting yesterday and the bulk head but I guess it was such a small leak, it was jsut hard to detect. regardless its sealed for now. Thanks for all the concerns from the canreef community. You guys are amazing!:smile:

Ginu 03-08-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 800171)
Got home yesterday and the puddle presists. After a busy evening with the kids I finally got them into bed and immediately I started my investigation of this illusive leak. I tighten all the fitting and bulk heads like every mentioned and sat back down to plan out my nightmareish weekend ahead of me but to my surprise the drip has stopped. God what a relief, I was so close to taking a bat to the whole tank, although it would've made a even bigger mess but that was my mind frame at the time. Its was funny I checked all around the fitting yesterday and the bulk head but I guess it was such a small leak, it was jsut hard to detect. regardless its sealed for now. Thanks for all the concerns from the canreef community. You guys are amazing!:smile:

Awesome, good to hear.
Now i can stop by and grab some frags... something is messing up my tank and sps is not very happy... cant figure out what the problem is, guess i"m going to test again once I get home tonight.

So far i lost a 5" pocchi small colony :( in less than a day... came home and it was a skeleton...

Bblinks 03-08-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginu (Post 800178)
Awesome, good to hear.
Now i can stop by and grab some frags... something is messing up my tank and sps is not very happy... cant figure out what the problem is, guess i"m going to test again once I get home tonight.

So far i lost a 5" pocchi small colony :( in less than a day... came home and it was a skeleton...

Maybe I can stop by and take a look at your system next week some time if you want.

Reef Pilot 03-08-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 800171)

You sure like to scare us, don't you,... with the new leak, and all the crazy talk. But glad it's all under control again,... and you're back to normal.

It is not surprising to have a small leak with all the changes and plumbing you had to do with your bulkheads and new sump. Any time there is a change, that is always a risk, and could be problems. But hopefully, they are minor and easily fixable.

Hope you get a chance to relax now, and enjoy that beautiful tank again.

Chowder 03-08-2013 07:30 PM

WOW what ride. Sorry to hear about all your problems . Good to hear they are getting solved.

Chris

Ginu 03-08-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 800180)
Maybe I can stop by and take a look at your system next week some time if you want.

Sounds good, but I'd have to warn you... its nothing compared to what you have running :(

Bblinks 03-08-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowder (Post 800197)
WOW what ride. Sorry to hear about all your problems . Good to hear they are getting solved.

Thanks buddy, almost didn't make it. :shame:

Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginu (Post 800206)
Sounds good, but I'd have to warn you... its nothing compared to what you have running :(

Glad to help.

hillegom 03-09-2013 03:12 AM

Glad you fixed the problem.
I sure didn't want you to quit.

Azzkr 03-09-2013 06:35 AM

Thats good news been a crazy couple weeks for you. Things are on the up and up now.

gregzz4 03-09-2013 06:42 AM

If he quit, I'd pit my 170lbs against his rather larger body in an effort to change his mind :lol:

Maybe it wouldn't get me far, but it might make him re-think things :wink:

OK, now I've just opened up a whole area for someone like Kien to jump in with the comments ....