Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Starting Prodibio (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80861)

globaldesigns 12-08-2011 08:44 PM

Starting Prodibio

Hello Everyone,

Since I am seeing good results again in my tank, after a couple years of grief. Coral growth is happening, coral seems happy, and overall tank just looks really good. I have decided to try out the Prodibio system to see if this assists with the coloring up of the corals.

With great help from Kevin @ Red Coral, I have purchased the Bioptim and BioDigest, and started my first dose today.

I found the fact of dosing every 15 days much better than ZEO (Thanks Mike @ Aqua Digital for pointing this out), and the cost is so much cheaper. The BioDigest I bought from Kevin will last 15 months, so that is very cheap overall. Bioptim, I will have to purchase every 3.5 months. I have averaged the monthly cost for these 2 to be about $15 total, so much more economical over the ZEO system of which I was averaging $2-300 per month.

Lets see what happens. Wish me luck!

Leah 12-08-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globaldesigns (Post 658737)
Hello Everyone,

Since I am seeing good results again in my tank, after a couple years of grief. Coral growth is happening, coral seems happy, and overall tank just looks really good. I have decided to try out the Prodibio system to see if this assists with the coloring up of the corals.

With great help from Kevin @ Red Coral, I have purchased the Bioptim and BioDigest, and started my first dose today.

I found the fact of dosing every 15 days much better than ZEO (Thanks Mike @ Aqua Digital for pointing this out), and the cost is so much cheaper. The BioDigest I bought from Kevin will last 15 months, so that is very cheap overall. Bioptim, I will have to purchase every 3.5 months. I have averaged the monthly cost for these 2 to be about $15 total, so much more economical over the ZEO system of which I was averaging $2-300 per month.

Could of just replaced the corals, rather then buying ZEO. Just saying. :lol:

msjboy 12-08-2011 09:20 PM

how much is the biokit in Canada anyways? It is currently 30 vials for $37.49USD at MarineDepot and I am thinking of getting some.

The user reviews on all the Prodibio stuff is actually pretty good.

regs
msjboy

globaldesigns 12-08-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 658742)
Could of just replaced the corals, rather then buying ZEO. Just saying. :lol:

In this hobby it isn't a matter of just replacing, for me it is the ability to create a bio environment like in nature, or try to get as close. And if I can enhance things, then great. Zeo didn't work well for me... Currently I don't do anything, not even carbon, but now I am seeing good results. So now I want to try the Prodibio for the enhancement of things.

For me I like the challenge, and when you invest alot of money in coral, even replacing them isn't an option.

sphelps 12-09-2011 12:30 AM

So things are starting to improve and looking good and you're going to introduce something new? Is this a new hobby for you? :wink: JK hope all works out.

Skimmerking 12-09-2011 01:45 AM

Global let me know how you made out I remember taking to Mike about that product too. he got me start on the Fauna Marin and I loved it made my SPs grow and color up.

Now that i have LPS and Softies i wanna know if Prodibo is right for my tank I feed alot too to my acans and LPS and fish

240 gal with a 30 gal sump
Dose KALK 24/7
and run Carbon

MMAX 12-09-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globaldesigns (Post 658737)
Hello Everyone,

You'll have good luck with this stuff, it does work well. I started dosing last May up until the middle of October. I quit because it became harder and harder to get with the mail order thing and I don't get to Calgary or Edmonton very often. No ill effects going off the stuff but you will be pleasantly suprised.

lastlight 12-09-2011 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 658805)
So things are starting to improve and looking good and you're going to introduce something new? Is this a new hobby for you? :wink: JK hope all works out.

LOL while these were my thoughts exactly we all like to tinker. I'll wish you luck though =)

globaldesigns 12-09-2011 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 658805)

Hey play nice... As I said things are going well, still not like the rest of you... So yes, I am introducing something new, maybe it can take me to where many of you are at for great looking reefs. I have NEVER had a tank with beautiful colored coral... I always seem to make the exotic high end coral I buy turn to many shades of brown.

If you keep it up, I am going to hunt you down, prior to doing so, eat a gallon of beans, sit on your head and make you suffer! :biggrin: You have been warned. HEHE. :fart: Damn I need an emoticon for this.

globaldesigns 12-09-2011 02:49 AM

I would love to have the ability to have a gorgeous reef without adding anything, but that isn't the case.

I have been able to stop the RTN, now I can actually keep coral without it dieing in a day, and there is actually growth starting to happen. BUT... is it growth to what others have or is expected, NO. Is there color? NO... Some of the new ones I got from Red Coral, are they healthy. YES, seem to be, but again starting to brown out.

So, this is why I am trying this product. ZEO failed in the past and cost way too much. This product has great reviews, and is easier and cheaper. So why not?

As Brett said, in this hobby you tinker. In my case, I tinker cuz I want to have what you all have, but can't seem to get it.

I will let you all know how it works for me. Maybe I can one day post and win a POTM award?