Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Lower Mainland Frag Swap - June? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86246)

pinhead 05-10-2012 03:09 AM

Lower Mainland Frag Swap - June?

In talking to some Canreef members, it was pointed out that we have not had a frag swap for almost 2 years. As shown by the popularity of the recent group order, there are many people looking to add frags to their tanks and hopefully just as many with overflowing frag racks or corals ready to be trimmed.

June seems like a logical month for a swap as it:

- gives enough time for people to produce frags
- is warm enough to do this outside
- avoids summer when people are away on holidays

The 4th weekend in June avoids Father's Day and is before the Canada Day long weekend so people are not as likely to go out of town.

The poll questions will ask which day you prefer and where you live. Hopefully we will get someone to volunteer their house in the centre of the lower mainland - Vancouver, New West or Burnaby (this is not a hint Anthony - you've already hosted) or in the suburb where most of the potential attendees live. We have had past swaps in West Van, Maple Ridge, Cloverdale, Ladner, Burnaby and Vancouver so there are at least some people willing to drive.

If you volunteer to host, you would need a big enough backyard or indoor space to house dozens of Reefers and free parking close by.

Bblinks 05-10-2012 06:53 AM

I might be able to do it at my house depending on the number of attendance. I am near lougheed mall, got a decent size back yard and I can prolly set up a few tanks in the garage. I can also see if lfs will sponsor a couple of prizes for me, I mean for a draw or two. My place isn't the biggest but I think 20 ish people shouldn't be an issue.

tang daddy 05-10-2012 05:28 PM

I am definitely for a frag swap and thanks to Rich for offering to host, time to get the BBQ out!

Bblinks 05-10-2012 05:37 PM

We can rock the BBQ but I only have a bbq that can feed a family of 1.

tang daddy 05-10-2012 05:49 PM

We can use my weber, it can cook a few steaks or 25 tandori chicken, alternatively hotdogs and pop at Costco for $1.50 we can order 50......

Bblinks 05-10-2012 05:55 PM

If all else fails I guess there is always Costco.:biggrin:

apexifd 05-10-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 715414)
If all else fails I guess there is always Costco.:biggrin:

no no no... get the kitchen reno going and hook up a natural gas grill on the patio. This seems like the ultimate plan.

Chowder 05-10-2012 08:35 PM

No matter what you guys do I'm in. I will show up hungry. Oh and I will bring a few frags to boot.

Chris

Bblinks 05-10-2012 09:06 PM

Cool, let's do it. Of course this invitation will also include our friends on the island.

msjboy 05-10-2012 09:08 PM

is it supposed to be potluck dinner?
Would be nice to attend but at the current weather , we might need July or even August as a better date.
msjboy