Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Problem sloved- power outtage (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78685)

fishoholic 09-24-2011 01:26 AM

Problem sloved- power outtage

The power is out at Doug's house in Calgary and we were wondering if anyone has a battery operated bubblier or battery back up system he could borrow. PM me asap to get his number if you can help, or if you know Doug's number call him Thanks Laurie

The Grizz 09-24-2011 01:33 AM

Rick has some battery back ups for sale, he would probably lend a couple to u. If you need his number I can txt it to Doug.

fishoholic 09-24-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 638472)
Rick has some battery back ups for sale, he would probably lend a couple to u. If you need his number I can txt it to Doug.

Yes do that please :biggrin:

The Grizz 09-24-2011 02:18 AM

So Doug has the power of God running is tank now I hear

Murminator 09-24-2011 02:22 AM

How long the power been out?

fishoholic 09-24-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 638481)
So Doug has the power of God running his tank now I hear

Yes his landlord is friends with the guy who runs a church building next door and he was able to run extension cords to it for power

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murminator (Post 638482)
How long the power been out?

About 2 and a half hours. Everything in the tank seems ok ATM.

Delphinus 09-24-2011 02:28 AM

Is everything ok now?

christyf5 09-24-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 638485)
Yes his landlord is friends with the guy who runs a church building next door and he was able to run extension cords to it for power.
About 2 and a half hours. Everything in the tank seems ok ATM.

Good to hear!! Power outages always freak me out even when they're short ones.

fishoholic 09-24-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 638486)
Is everything ok now?

Seems ok for now, he rents a basement suite of a house and the tenants upstairs are responsible for paying the power bill. Doug has been giving his portion of the payment to them however they haven't been paying the power bill. Doug found this out when called to power company to find out why the power was out and they said that house has been cut off for not paying the bill :eek: The bad thing is the power company said it might take them 24-48 hours to get the power back on :surprise:

After Doug talked to the landlord, the landlord has now taken on the power bill and they will pay the landlord directly for it.

christyf5 09-24-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 638496)
Seems ok for now, he rents a basement suite of a house and the tenants upstairs are responsible for paying the power bill. Doug has been giving his portion of the payment to them however they haven't been paying the power bill. Doug found this out when called to power company to find out why the power was out and they said that house has been cut off for not paying the bill :eek: The bad thing is the power company said it might take them 24-48 hours to get the power back on :surprise:

After Doug talked to the landlord, the landlord has now taken on the power bill and they will pay the landlord directly for it.

OMG! Brutal!! Hopefully the church doesn't mind the power cords for awhile. I guess Doug could always add to the collection plate when it comes around :biggrin: