Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Photography (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Dive pictures from the Mayan Riviera (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82871)

Blue World Aquariums 02-08-2012 10:12 PM

Just incredible...very jealous. Thanks for sharing!

High tide 02-09-2012 02:54 AM

Very beautiful! Thank you for posting. The fish you asked about is a Redband Parrotfish (Sparisoma aurofrenatum).

Jakegr 02-09-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High tide (Post 680314)
Very beautiful! Thank you for posting. The fish you asked about is a Redband Parrotfish (Sparisoma aurofrenatum).

Thank you! That ID was driving me crazy.

Treebeard 02-09-2012 03:47 AM

Hey Jake, I would pass on the bull shark dive but not because of the price. My dive instructor aka my wife tells me that bull sharks have a rather aggressive nature, and being from South Africa I trust her advice. :biggrin:

Next August will actually be our third trip to Cozumel. Last August we had some great dives...Columbia, Tormentos, Palencar, Cedral...can't wait to get back!
We have a Nikon S8100 with an Ikelite housing, but I can tell from looking at your pictures that I need to get a strobe.

patd 02-09-2012 04:14 AM

Fantastic pics!
I think I love the shots of the schooling grunts and porkfish the best.
Thanks for posting

High tide 02-09-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakegr (Post 680335)
Thank you! That ID was driving me crazy.

No problem, I figured it was the least I could do for the pleasure of viewing those photos, seriously, got any more? That, and the fact I have a nice collection of books and jump on any opportunity to use them.:biggrin:

Reef_Geek 10-06-2013 01:10 AM

good 'ol search function on CanReef... found this old post. Dusting it off...

I'm heading to Playa del Carmen in December, looking forward to diving there. I have more vacation days than my wife, so I'm going down alone. My sister and her family are going to be there at the resort, but they don't dive. I'll get to sneak off and do lots of diving.

Anyone else with experiences / dive operations for Playa del Carmen?

Also, thinking of getting a GoPro Hero3+ for this trip. Anyone do any diving with GoPros? Advice on mounts / where to get red filters in Calgary?

paddyob 10-06-2013 01:43 AM

Cage diving with Bulls or just free swimming?

Bull sharks are the number one shark for attacks on humans. Aggressive sharks!

How was it?!

Snappy 10-06-2013 02:13 AM

How did I miss this thread the first go 'round?
Awesome pictures.
I am heading to Playa in mid Nov - can't wait to try out my new fins & Hawaiian sling. :mrgreen:

Treebeard 10-06-2013 02:33 AM

Hawaiian sling? I had to Google that because I was certain it was the preferred beachwear for the Italians dudes you see down there. :biggrin:
The countdown is on for us to two weeks in Bonaire over New Years. Unfortunately I was hit with a hernia last week and now the panic is on to get it fixed in time for 6 weeks of recuperating before the first dive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snappy (Post 849814)
How did I miss this thread the first go 'round?
Awesome pictures.
I am heading to Playa in mid Nov - can't wait to try out my new fins & Hawaiian sling. :mrgreen: