Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Worlds Fastest Tank Build... (New Photos 1.26.2010) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51449)

sitandwatch 04-06-2009 03:41 PM

How come the stand is not painted? Run out of time?

Looks good I now know the secret of getting a bigger tank :biggrin:

rstar 04-06-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sitandwatch (Post 408303)
How come the stand is not painted? Run out of time?

Looks good I now know the secret of getting a bigger tank :biggrin:

Its not painted because i picked up a cabinet making grade sheet of plywood to stain and skin the stand, im also going to build a new canopy with the same skin as well. I think that project ill take a little time on.

rstar 04-06-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason McK (Post 408273)
WOW the tank looks great. But kinda a cheaky way to get an upgrade LOL

I don't think I would have had the forsight to document it so well Great job

J

It was kinda cheeky but in all honesty i made sure the wife was ok with it, what with the baby coming in July and what not. Ecentially i just made sure she new well what would happen and then let her make the decision. :lol:

It was her idea to document it, she took most of the picture of us putting it all back together!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norstar (Post 408286)
Did you ever find out why the stand and tank rim were cracking??

We really arent to sure. Im inclined to believe it was the trim letting go causing the tank to lean causing the stand to list. I know this because even with the tank leaning hard the stand was still level both ways. Im going to email the manufacture of the tank because its supposed to have a 5 year warranty on it. We will see how that goes :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 408287)
Now that's the sort of overbuilt stand I love! Nice work on pulling off an upgrade while you're at it. I can't get over how nice the rockwork looks for such a mad rush.

And about HD and pvc...I noticed here in Calgary at the Shawnessy location that they only have 4" and the stuff with holes in it. I had to go to Rona for pvc.

Yea we really put alot into that stand, i wasnt going to have the same thing happen. It was funny moving the old AGA stand out, it was WAY lighter than the new one. As for the PVC all HD had was the 4" with hold as well... weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbacchiega (Post 408302)
Looks great. Too bad about the Trigger but, as you've already said, one is better than all.

Lets see...the last night I pulled an all nighter there was big signs, bright lights and black jack...maybe I should try one when I get motivated to build the new setup.

Again...Well done!

Thanks alot, and all i have to say LONG night, i dont even think i was up that long for my bachelor part.... ugh im still tired!! But all in all its was a great time! Not exactly the circumstances i would have liked to do an upgrade, but in the end its all the same :lol:

Snaz 04-06-2009 06:37 PM

Time to upgrade that signature mate. "120 Gallon - Fastest Build in the West"

christyf5 04-06-2009 06:46 PM

Wow thats just awesome! I mean sucky that you had to do it but man, awesome that you could! Talk about dedicated! And the tank looks great after all that. Nice work!! :mrgreen:

rstar 04-06-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaz (Post 408369)
Time to upgrade that signature mate. "120 Gallon - Fastest Build in the West"

LOL Done and done, thanks for that!!:lol:

es355lucille 04-06-2009 09:20 PM

Great Job! Great looking tank!

Hell it seems to take me longer than that to make up some salt water and do a water change!!!!

Brad

rstar 04-07-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es355lucille (Post 408415)
Great Job! Great looking tank!

Hell it seems to take me longer than that to make up some salt water and do a water change!!!!

Brad

Typically me to lol, i had my ro unit just punching away to get this transfer done. By the time i ran out of old water and new water i had the level in the tank about 1 inch from the overflow. Then had to wait 3 hours for the rest to ro/di :lol:

fishytime 04-07-2009 03:27 AM

So......how are things looking?

Myka 04-07-2009 03:47 AM

That's awesome!! I was scoping out that tank last time I was at Bayside...I guess I don't have to think about it anymore!! :lol: