Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Seller Beware, Canreef Member Leah. (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107619)

Bayside Corals 06-07-2014 12:09 AM

Seller Beware, Canreef Member Leah.

Hello Everyone,

I just want to let everyone know that you should be very careful when dealing with the Canreef member Leah.

I have dealt with her a few times over the years with no issues. However a few months ago I sent her some seahorses. I asked her to pay for the order before I shipped it. She asked if she could pay for half the order up front and half when it arrived. I thought it was a fair deal assuming she wanted to make sure they arrived alive and in good condition. Plus we have dealt in the past with no issues so I trusted her.

She paid for a little over half of the order so I sent it via Fed Ex next day air. I got confirmation that the order arrived and it was signed for. I sent her a message asking how they arrived? No response. Over the course of a couple weeks I sent multiple emails and nothing. I have called her many times, and I have received the answering machine, I have had her pick up the phone and hang up on me but she will not talk to me.

It has now been a few months with zero contact from her end. So I just wanted to let everyone know that you should be very careful if you are going to deal with this person.

I have also been in contact with another Canreef member, and apparently she has done this before. I won't name this other member but if they choose to chime in they are more than welcome to.

So if anyone knows Leah personally you should tell her to pay her bills! Next course of action for me will be a collection agency. If she wants to ruin her credit rating that's up to her.

If the collection agency doesn't work, Leah just remember when you are having a bad day that KARMA is a B*tch and what comes around goes around!

Colby

Aquattro 06-07-2014 01:04 AM

Authorized post.

SCHMUSTIN 06-07-2014 01:42 AM

Thank you for this post. People should hold up to there end of the deal.

Sorry for your loss on this one hope you were not out to much!!

It's to bad that people have to kill it for everyone else.

And what is with this "unauthorized post" stuff? I think people should know who they are dealing with. We are a community here and unfortunately this suff happens but people should be aware of this.

IMHO!

SCHMUSTIN 06-07-2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 900390)
Authorized post.

Sorry ha ha ha I thought it said "unauthorized post"... having a hard time reading apparently LOL!!

jorjef 06-07-2014 01:46 AM

:popcorn::popcorn: double buckets for this one.....:lol:

Aquattro 06-07-2014 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHMUSTIN (Post 900397)
Sorry ha ha ha I thought it said "unauthorized post"... having a hard time reading apparently LOL!!

Any post of this nature not approved by staff before hand is unauthorized and removed.

paddyob 06-07-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby Bay (Post 900379)
Hello Everyone,

So if anyone knows Leah personally you should tell her to pay her bills! Next course of action for me will be a collection agency. If she wants to ruin her credit rating that's up to her.

If the collection agency doesn't work, Leah just remember when you are having a bad day that KARMA is a B*tch and what comes around goes around!

Colby

I have several years working in collections.

This will never cause a credit issue. And it has zero possibility of hitting a credit bureau.

You would be hard pressed to find an agency who would even waste there time on this.

I don't know what she owes... But I assume a couple hundred max? It would cost an agency more than the small commission they would make on the file. Very small.

It's a very unfortunate situation. Thanks for pointing it out for everyone on here.

Hopefully she pays up.

ReEf BoSs 06-07-2014 04:06 AM

Should just post her name and address up .... Im sure its not aloud but i would lol

Treebeard 06-07-2014 04:20 AM

Leah, suck it up and pay your bills while you still gave a chance to save face before you lose all respect. No one likes a deadbeat and it's not a path you want to stay on.

Ram3500 06-07-2014 07:12 AM

It is very disappointing when members is such a small community fall into a cragslist mentality. We should all hold our selfs to a higher regard and follow through with what we agree to .