Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mindstream Aquarium Monitoring System (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111702)

mikellini 01-22-2015 12:06 AM

Mindstream Aquarium Monitoring System

Has anyone heard about this new system? Supposed to be launched mid 2015.Measures pH, dKH, ammonia, NO2, NO3, Ca, Mg, salinity, oxygen, and temperature. I heard they were working on phosphate too...

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog...ium-parameters

Can't see how that seney thing will compete unless this is way overpriced (or maybe people actually want an inaccurate PAR meter ;)). But people will still probably pay it for actually useful parameter monitoring (dKH, I'm talking about you). Thoughts?

Koleswrath 01-22-2015 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikellini (Post 931609)
(or maybe people actually want an inaccurate PAR meter ;)).

Ha! Good stuff,
I'm good with neither.

Vancouver Reefer 01-22-2015 02:18 AM

Been following it for the past year. They are into some serious testing at the moment. Everything from shipping in extreme cold to severe neglect of the disks. They have indicated its going to be under $500 and if it does what they say it does, it will be an industry changer!

e46er 01-22-2015 03:54 AM

90 days then replacing the disk? seems expensive.
I wonder if you could plug it in a controller port or manually remove it and just test once or twice a day instead of every 15 minutes I don't need 96 tests a day. I bet most peoples tanks don't get 96 tests a year! unless of course just the exposure to saltwater is what takes the life away from the disk.

anyone know what a disk cost and are they all individual or just a single disk?
Im fairly interested in this product based on the answers to the above questions.

Vancouver Reefer 01-22-2015 04:11 AM

I think the disks are aiming around $30 each so $10/month. For me thats worth the hour a week i spend on testing alone! I would imagine they will put some kind of API to integrate into Apex or Profilux but i bet it will be just slaving of results and nothing more.
The trend analysis this will provide will be unique and will be nice to have real time monitoring for parameter tolerances.

mikellini 01-22-2015 04:15 AM

And I believe they're all on a single disc, so the whole disk is replaced each time. But not all parameters use the disc for measurement.

Also I heard $20 US for a disc, can't remember where though

The real time monitoring of parameters is the best part.

Ron99 01-22-2015 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancouver Reefer (Post 931649)
I think the disks are aiming around $30 each so $10/month. For me thats worth the hour a week i spend on testing alone! I would imagine they will put some kind of API to integrate into Apex or Profilux but i bet it will be just slaving of results and nothing more.
The trend analysis this will provide will be unique and will be nice to have real time monitoring for parameter tolerances.

I think the real power will lie in coordinating with a controller and dower. Imagine dosing Ca and Mg and Alk based on real time readings. That will offer great stability of parameters.

mikellini 01-22-2015 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron99 (Post 931660)
I think the real power will lie in coordinating with a controller and dower. Imagine dosing Ca and Mg and Alk based on real time readings. That will offer great stability of parameters.

That sounds to me like a version 2.0 feature... the real-time data itself will be enough to make the adjustments yourself, but it would be nice to be automatic for sure.

jason604 01-22-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron99 (Post 931660)

This is for sure game changing. TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!

Bayside Corals 01-22-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikellini (Post 931665)
That sounds to me like a version 2.0 feature... the real-time data itself will be enough to make the adjustments yourself, but it would be nice to be automatic for sure.

They have already said they want to make it controller ready.

I have been following it for a year or so. If it works as good as they say it will this will be a game changer. They can charge what every they want and I will still buy one!

They have been taking their time thats for sure.