Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Edmonton (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Where do you do your reef shopping? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110971)

Oilers 12-18-2014 05:37 PM

Where do you do your reef shopping?

I have been good this year so I want to reward myself this Christmas with something for my aquarium. I am just wondering where you Edmontonians do your reef shopping nowadays. I heard Red Coral is closed. Blue World was closed long time ago. I was at Aqua Giant yesterday and the stocks displayed didn't impress me much. I don't even know if Marine Experience is still in business or not. Marine Aquaria is too far for me since I live in the North side. There's only Aquarium Illussion left from what I know. Is that it for Edmonton?

Cody 12-18-2014 06:04 PM

I've been exclusively doing all my shopping at a retailer in Calgary, and nothing but great help from them, but there's some pretty awesome stuff out there if you dig a little.

I'm going to be purchasing an order of zoas from reefwars on here that I'm pretty excited about. If you have an idea of what exactly you want you could post an ad in the classifieds section of canreef.

Oilers 12-18-2014 06:39 PM

Cody,
I have been doing my shopping online with various retailers. Denny is a very nice guy to deal with and I have no hesistant to buy from him again. However, I just miss being able to go to a store to pick and choose and then bring them home with me.

Cody 12-18-2014 06:47 PM

Good luck in your search. Sounds like Edmonton is in need of a good reef store. After spending a bit of time looking at the sponsored vendors websites and seeing what the private sellers are offering I'm ready to break the bank :)

Edit- Oilers, I should have noticed by your post count that you're not new to the site, sorry.

CM125 12-18-2014 07:25 PM

Calgary has a few hidden gem shops (like Wais) that are tiny shops you can actually go into, im sure Edmonton has a few. wight just have to dig a bit

Oilers 12-18-2014 07:26 PM

No problem. I am a newbie compared to a lot of people on here :wink: and I am definitely still a newbie to the hobby for sure. Cheers! :biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody (Post 925786)
Good luck in your search. Sounds like Edmonton is in need of a good reef store. After spending a bit of time looking at the sponsored vendors websites and seeing what the private sellers are offering I'm ready to break the bank :)

Edit- Oilers, I should have noticed by your post count that you're not new to the site, sorry.

JmeJReefer 12-18-2014 07:48 PM

Aquarium illusions is okay if u like jacked prices. I use marine aquaria for in town purchases. Great guys there and nice selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proteus 12-18-2014 08:12 PM

Polyps out is pretty good. Lots of lps and clams

Myka 12-19-2014 02:08 AM

Over 800,000 people in Edmonton and so few reef stores - that's crazy! Here in Saskatoon we're a mere 240,000 with one kick ass local marine-only shop (thankful for that!).

newbie2 12-19-2014 02:14 AM

Where is Polyps Out? are they new?