Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Product Review and Equipment Forum (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   thoughts and opinions welcomed (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114308)

The Guy 05-29-2015 03:35 PM

thoughts and opinions welcomed

I have a RSM 250 and I want to add another power-head, kinda leaning towards an Eco-tech MP10QD, anyone else out there use this newest model and how do you like it?
Other suggestions and the reasons why I should consider it, other than the price aspect. :smile:

The Guy 05-31-2015 02:36 AM

63 lookers and not one opinion :twitch:

RDNanoGuy 05-31-2015 02:49 AM

Does it have to be controllable?

If not the Tunze Nanostream 6045 is hard to beat. They last forever.

If you want control then a Tunze Nanostream 6095 with a 7096 controller would be a good choice.

I don't buy into fancy through the glass stuff or even fancy wave modes. I want reliability. Most of my Tunzes are 8-10 years old and still work great!

Just my $0.02.

rsisvixen 05-31-2015 03:38 AM

I like my Jebao RW's, quiet and provide a lot of power, can be controlled and has a master/slave feature, also has a feed function which is nice.

JmeJReefer 05-31-2015 03:51 AM

Jebao fan here. It does the job and is dead silent, controllable and affordable!

gregzz4 05-31-2015 04:57 AM

Longevity and controllability lead me to think about a pair of MP10wES for you.
I don't have any experience with Tunze stuff, and so far I'm staying away from the Jebao units.

Not sure about the MP10wQDs yet as the one I have hasn't proven to be any quieter than my 3 ES ones, but the sound is 'different'. I'm still breaking in the unit so maybe it'll get better, or I'll be returning the wetside.
Now's a good time to buy some ES units as prices are down much.

mikellini 05-31-2015 05:40 AM

Another vote for the Jebao. I'm running an RW8, so much bang for the buck, I can't see myself ever paying so much for an Ecotech or Tunze pump again. I mean, they're great and all, but 2-3x better? I would pay a small premium, but not double or triple...

gregzz4 05-31-2015 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikellini (Post 952091)
Another vote for the Jebao. I'm running an RW8, so much bang for the buck, I can't see myself ever paying so much for an Ecotech or Tunze pump again. I mean, they're great and all, but 2-3x better? I would pay a small premium, but not double or triple...

Can't argue with that, but what about the failure rate of the J units ?
I have a couple MP10wES units that are over 4 years old already and have only replaced the bearings on one of the two so far.
That's less than $100/year per unit without a warranty claim/down time ... and they are still running.
Plus the programming flexibility of them over the J units. I gotta say the MPs win.

mikellini 05-31-2015 07:03 AM

Mine is programmed through the apex, so controllability is the same either way really. As for longevity, I haven't had any issues, but for less than $100 per year I could buy a brand new pump every year...

The only issues I've heard have been right out of the box, some quality control issues, they replace the pump right away. Maybe others have had wear/longevity issues?

Wheelman76 05-31-2015 07:08 AM

What about a gyre ?