Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Do you say "Merry Christmas"? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117260)

Myka 12-19-2015 08:56 PM

Do you say "Merry Christmas"?

Just curious how many people will say the expression "Merry Christmas". I hear it less and less often.

Aquattro 12-19-2015 09:03 PM

Well, ya, but mostly around Christmas time. Because, you know, it's Christmas.

Skimmer Juice 12-19-2015 09:16 PM

yes I still say "Merry Christmas" does that date me as old? I went to my nephews Christmas concert and they were not allowed to say Christmas or celebrate any of the songs , as its now offensive to do so . The world sure is getting out of control .

Myka 12-19-2015 09:26 PM

I love it when checkout clerks at box stores say "Happy Holidays", and I say "Merry Christmas" back, and then they say, "Merry Christmas!!!"

jorjef 12-19-2015 09:30 PM

I make a point of it... If I make the effort to give a season greeting it is a firm Merry Christmas.. It's kind of odd, twenty years ago I may have avoided it just because I wasn't a huge Christmas fan but now with all the politically correct crap I make a point of saying it loud and proud...

RMC 12-19-2015 09:32 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

jr999 12-20-2015 12:31 AM

If I get a Happy Holidays, I just say I don't understand that phrase and keep moving along.

Coasting 12-20-2015 01:13 AM

I'm not religious and stopped being into Christmas when I realised santa didn't exist. So I really haven't participated in the last few years at all since not living at home.

But im on the fence about saying it.... Do I say it just to spite those who say happy holidays. Because I enjoy that kind of stuff....
or do I ignore it and say nothing because I don't believe in what religion has plastered a Christmas. I don't think Jesus was born on Christmas, and I happily believe the Christians stole the holiday from the Pagans. Heck my familys Roman Catholic, my grandmother would be having a fit hearing me say that....

Its truly just a retail holiday so there should be NOTHING wrong with saying merry Christmas. People should be able to freely say WHATEVER they choose to celebrate. I personally wont be offended if somebody says "Happy Hanukkah".

I still dress my dog up for Christmas..... I still buy my dog Christmas gifts... bahah

The Guy 12-20-2015 01:23 AM

It's Merry Christmas now, in the past and the future as well for me! This society now is far too politically correct about too much in our lives these days IMO. :x-mas: And by the way Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all the Canreef folks.

kien 12-20-2015 01:49 AM

I say Merry Chirstmas and Happy Holidays. They are both one and the same to me :-).

My kids school is one of those highly politically correct schools that have banned "Christmas". They celebrate the holidays with a holiday concert. That's fine, I don't really have a problem with that either actually. I will continue to wish people a Merry Christmas even if you don't celebrate Christmas I want you to have a merry one anyway! :-)