Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Product Review and Equipment Forum (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hanna Marine Salinity Tester (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=127846)

DKoKoMan 03-02-2019 04:58 AM

Hanna Marine Salinity Tester

Just wondering if anyone has this? Or is planning on purchasing. I have been thinking about buying a digital salinity tester for some time to take the guesswork out of my refractometer. I noticed that Hanna has come out with a tester on the market. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Talk me in or out from buying this :lol:

Frogger 03-02-2019 05:22 AM

I ordered one 2 weeks ago from J&L. It hasn't come in yet. Seems to be the best one, good reviews from users. You need to buy the hanna calibration solution as well, cant be calibrated from other solutions. Needs to be calibrated monthly

I looked into the Poseidon Salinity Tester, supposed to be good, however I left several emails and phone messages with the company and they never got back to me.

Not sure I want to buy a product from a company (Poseidon) with no customer service.

Do you think your font is big enough?

kyl 03-02-2019 06:23 AM

Mine is on order from Hoskin Sci. Of all the digital pens, etc, I chose it primarily because of the calibration standard (four of which are included), and because it isn't some random company. Price is no worse than those others.

DKoKoMan 03-03-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogger (Post 1034785)
I ordered one 2 weeks ago from J&L. It hasn't come in yet. Seems to be the best one, good reviews from users. You need to buy the hanna calibration solution as well, cant be calibrated from other solutions. Needs to be calibrated monthly

I looked into the Poseidon Salinity Tester, supposed to be good, however I left several emails and phone messages with the company and they never got back to me.

Not sure I want to buy a product from a company (Poseidon) with no customer service.

Do you think your font is big enough?

Ok that’s awesome! I also saw that it was on backorder from J&L. I think I will go ahead and purchase it. I considered the poisoden pen as well however when I saw the Hanna I figured why not...love their checkers for phosphate and alkalinity.

Font size wasn’t that big...was it.

Bblinks 03-04-2019 10:51 PM

Does have good reviews everywhere you look. Keep us informed Glen, I would like to ditch my coralvue one and get one of these instead. Thanks in advance for the review. :lol:

kyl 03-05-2019 01:29 AM

Mine should be in on the 14th, I'll post a reference versus it and my other units.

Frogger 03-05-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 1034856)
Does have good reviews everywhere you look. Keep us informed Glen, I would like to ditch my coralvue one and get one of these instead. Thanks in advance for the review. :lol:

Rich you will be the first to know. Will be nice to be able to test the water in all my tanks, copepod tanks and water change drum quickly and accurately.

Haven't heard from you in a while hows the tank going?

Bblinks 03-05-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogger (Post 1034881)
Rich you will be the first to know. Will be nice to be able to test the water in all my tanks, copepod tanks and water change drum quickly and accurately.

Haven't heard from you in a while hows the tank going?

Tank reboot is complete. I am trying a hybrid triton method with water changes. You should stop by one day if you are in the area. Love to see what you think.

DKoKoMan 03-06-2019 02:36 AM

Definitely post your honest feedback on the product as I don’t want to waste time or money if it isn’t what it’s cracked up to be.

Frogger 03-06-2019 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKoKoMan (Post 1034887)
Definitely post your honest feedback on the product as I don’t want to waste time or money if it isn’t what it’s cracked up to be.

Unless Hanna is prepared to pay me a healthy sum you will be getting an honest opinion.:wink:

Hanna if you are listening I am open to offers. I am not too proud I can be bought.