Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lighting Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Radions...ready to throw out the window (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87250)

Coralgurl 06-16-2012 03:35 PM

Radions...ready to throw out the window

Does anyone else have problems with the programming or am I an idiot?? I reset the programming on my lights last weekend. Got rid of the clouds and lightening. I'm using one of Subman's profiles, have no other profiles set up but my lights do whatever they want. All week, before 8 am, they are blazing. It's almost 10 am sat and they aren't even on yet. Last night at midnight I thought I had a blue lightening storm as the 3 fixtures were flashing at different times.

I've checked for updates, nothing new, I've reset them. Schedule is to run from 11 am to 10 pm with sunrise/sunset set for hour intervals. I love the look of these and the lighting is great but so frustrated with the programming. Any suggestions?

Bblinks 06-16-2012 04:09 PM

Maybe you should shoot an email to ecotech marine for some info, no one is going to be better at explaining and diagnose your issues then the manufacture IMO. I know your frustration as I had a similar experience with my AI's but their customer service was really impressive. Good luck.

cale262 06-16-2012 04:18 PM

They're pretty easy to program....er, once you've done it. I hada similar issue whe I first received mine, it was a very simple solution to the point of almost being embarrassing but still I was getting increasingly frustrated, I simply did not click on the group to be programmed...

I'm assuming you have, but did you watch the programming video. If that doesn't help, set them back to factory setting.

Coralgurl 06-16-2012 04:29 PM

I know they should be easy to program.....:redface: I've reset to factory and started from scratch to see if this will set the way I want. I don't need to play with these, just trying get some consistency. I've gone through the video and manual....if this doesn't work will go to ecotech for help.
Thanks

reefbyremote 06-16-2012 11:03 PM

Another hint is to first plug in the usb without the ecotech software running. Then start the software. I had issues if I didn't do it in that order.

Nano 06-16-2012 11:05 PM

I say toss em and get SOLs ;) jk

subman 06-17-2012 02:44 AM

I am having issues with one of mine as well and I sent an email to ecotech and have to say their service is incredible. Give it a shot.

Coralgurl 06-17-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subman (Post 724711)
I am having issues with one of mine as well and I sent an email to ecotech and have to say their service is incredible. Give it a shot.

I was out tonight when the lights shut down, will see what happens tomorrow with the programming.

I plug the USB in and have to click on the ecotech link to get it going so that's not a problem.

If this continues with the random lighting I will follow up with ecotech.

Coralgurl 06-17-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 724683)
I say toss em and get SOLs ;) jk

Nope, not going to debate lights, just a bit frustrated...:mrgreen:

mexxedm 06-20-2012 06:26 AM

Try this...

1. Unplug the power. Important step.
2. Plug in USB to computer.
3. Reset it.
4. Reprogram or use natural mode.
5. Set the time.
6. Program it.
7. Unplug USB.
8. Wait for 3 mins.
9. Plug the power in.
10. Try it again.
Mine went dead. Yes, completely dead. These steps worked for me.