Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Corals - I am ready to throw in the towel!!! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70685)

globaldesigns 12-11-2010 04:48 AM

Corals - I am ready to throw in the towel!!!

As many of you know, I have had my issues with SPS... Well now my Blue Tang has taken a liking to my zoas. In the past couple weeks it has eaten about 35% of them. For those thinking she is eating around them, she is not. She actually grabs them and forces them off the rock, sometimes whole zoas are floating as she yanks them off and the gobbles them up.

I have been feeding 3 types of pellets everyday (2-3 times a day) with Nori a couple times a week. Thinking that wasn't enough, as I feed lightly to not pollute the water, I bought an auto feeder and am feeding 4 times during the day, then a couple more times at night. But nothing has changed, she continues to dimolish my zoa population.

Any ideas? As I have given up and will just let her eat them all and not buy anymore.

I am ready to through in the towel with the coral thing. Maybe FOWLER is meant to be!

Coleus 12-11-2010 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globaldesigns (Post 572438)
As many of you know, I have had my issues with SPS... Well now my Blue Tang has taken a liking to my zoas. In the past couple weeks it has eaten about 35% of them. For those thinking she is eating around them, she is not. She actually grabs them and forces them off the rock, sometimes whole zoas are floating as she yanks them off and the gobbles them up.

I have been feeding 3 types of pellets everyday (2-3 times a day) with Nori a couple times a week. Thinking that wasn't enough, as I feed lightly to not pollute the water, I bought an auto feeder and am feeding 4 times during the day, then a couple more times at night. But nothing has changed, she continues to dimolish my zoa population.

Any ideas? As I have given up and will just let her eat them all and not buy anymore.

I am ready to through in the towel with the coral thing. Maybe FOWLER is meant to be!

Trader her in for different one? Maybe she tries to spread out the zoa in your tank. How big is she?

The Grizz 12-11-2010 05:34 AM

Dori is being a bad girl, she is huge and very beautiful regal. Sorry to hear Rick.

fencer 12-11-2010 05:50 AM

Does she eat palys? I could use that fish...really

Coleus 12-11-2010 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fencer (Post 572457)

maybe you can then train her to eat some apitasia too :-) That would be some thing

kien 12-11-2010 05:54 AM

Hippo Tangs are omnivores. I've heard many reports of Hippos going after softies and LPS as they mature. I guess you could say they are Hungry Hungry Hippos! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.

The Grizz 12-11-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 572459)
Hippo Tangs are omnivores. I've heard many reports of Hippos going after softies and LPS as they mature. I guess you could say they are Hungry Hungry Hippos! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.

Oh man that was BADDDDD :razz:

reefwars 12-11-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fencer (Post 572457)

I like paly's lol

The Grizz 12-11-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 572471)
I like paly's lol

ME TOO .....specially one's with color!!!! HINT HINT

Zoaelite 12-11-2010 06:34 AM

Maybe it's time to push the restart button?

Why not sell off pretty much everything you have, change out some of the LR, do a massive water change and remove the pellet reactors?