Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Vancouver Island (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Been sitting on the fence for some time (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59107)

skwestle 12-21-2009 07:12 AM

Been sitting on the fence for some time

Just wanted to say hi. I have been lurking here for some time with no reason to post till now. I have been keeping freshwater tanks for just over 3 years and have been sitting on the fence when it comes to salt. Well I think I now want to make the plunge into the world of salt without knowing a thing about it. Well I know a few things but I ask you people to be patient with me. I think I want to start with a 135g 72"X18" Sea Star tank. I now have to start gathering the rest of the equipment I need. I will start a tank journal thread in a couple weeks when I get the space finished for this tank.

Sean

Binare 12-21-2009 01:32 PM

Welcome to CR Sean. Nice size tank to start off with. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions around here... Especially when you start heading out to buy equipment, hate to see your first tank turn into a bigger money then it already will be ;)

banditpowdercoat 12-21-2009 02:11 PM

Welcome, you've come to the right place, and done it the right way. Me, I bought a tank, ten said well, lets make a Salt Water tank LOL. Turns out, I bought a tricky tank to convert, being a corner, and did so many other mistakes, before coming here and learning ALOT!!!!

muck 12-21-2009 02:15 PM

Welcome to Canreef Sean!

christyf5 12-21-2009 03:28 PM

Welcome Sean!

Great tank to start with! Don't hesitate to ask questions, we love showing off how smart we are :razz:

And we love tank build photos so don't hesitate to post those either :wink:

kien 12-21-2009 03:45 PM

welcome to canreef! At some point, we all knew nothing about saltwater tank keeping :-)

ps. I sure hope it wasn't one of those pointy picket fences.. ouch..

Johnny Reefer 12-21-2009 03:47 PM

Sean, Hi,

Got your PM on VIAquaria. Tried replying twice but it wouldn't go. Not sure why.

EDIT: Figured it out. Check your PMs on VIAquaria. Haha. You probably have three PM sfrom me, all exactly the same.

Anyway,...I hope it's not innappropriate to answer your question here....

"Yes, that’s right. Still available.
Coralife Aqualight Pro.
72" long; 3 x 150W Metal Halides; 4 x 96W actinics; 4 x 1W Lunar "Moon Glows".
Approximately 4.5 years old.

The MHs are ready for a change.
3 brand new Coralife 14K 150W bulbs are included.

$600
I can post a pic if you like."

Cheers,
Mark.

Lance 12-21-2009 04:58 PM

Welcome to Canreef Sean. :biggrin:

PoonTang 12-21-2009 10:17 PM

Welcome to CR.
ps. the people with the highest post counts are not necessarily the smartest. LOL :evil:

workn2hard2day 12-21-2009 10:42 PM

:welcome: