Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Alternatives to Photobucket for image sharing (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123758)

gregzz4 07-19-2017 04:45 AM

An article from Plagiarism Today
https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2017...content-theft/

titus 07-19-2017 01:56 PM

Hello

I just learned that Google Photo has unlimited storage recently.

Titus

gregzz4 07-28-2017 02:49 AM

Photobucket keeps e-mailing me stating my account will become limited, but currently my pics still work.
Either I haven't been slated for the chopping block yet, or they are working on it ...

I've mentioned this before but will say it again. I'd be perfectly happy giving them $20/yr to keep hot-linking active. If not, well, go ahead and kill all my links from the last, jeez, 10-15 years? Been a long time and there's tons of pics on DIY sites. Car and truck sites, PC building/overclocking sites, Woodworking sites ... I have no idea how many. Suffice it to say more than a couple.

Yup, you guys will be loved by me if you cut us off.

kien 08-16-2017 08:06 PM

I just noticed today that all my (and everyone else's) photos have been nuked from all the forums. Wow, just wow.. I am with Greg on this one. I don't mind paying for a service like this, but $400USD (yearly is a bit steep). So Long Photobucket, and thanks for all the fish (pics).

Myka 08-17-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 1017173)
I just noticed today that all my (and everyone else's) photos have been nuked from all the forums. Wow, just wow.. I am with Greg on this one. I don't mind paying for a service like this, but $400USD (yearly is a bit steep). So Long Photobucket, and thanks for all the fish (pics).

Furreal? I have pics on there that I don't have copies of...

In this digital world where technology always fails I am missing thousands of photos. Even my external hard drive with 15 years of photos crashed (which costs $750 to recover btw). My baby pics?? Still in tact.

Brunz 08-17-2017 02:00 PM

this is the problem when we don't have hard copies of everything. Our legacy in the future will literally just be a collection of make America great again hats and Canada 150 flags.... go us!!

kien 08-17-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1017208)
Furreal? I have pics on there that I don't have copies of...

In this digital world where technology always fails I am missing thousands of photos. Even my external hard drive with 15 years of photos crashed (which costs $750 to recover btw). My baby pics?? Still in tact.

Ya I've learned that lesson! I have photos stashed in multiple places. 1 primary photo hard drive where I process and edit all my photos. 1 secondary backup hard drive/server and backed up archival copies on CDs. I'm both anal and paranoid. Mostly because I've worked in IT all my adult life and know exactly what can/will inevitably go wrong with all manner of technology.

titus 08-27-2017 04:22 PM

Hello

I am paranoid and keep all my photos on my NAS. This week I just replaced 1 disk because one of them is having some bad sectors.

Google Photos is probably the best because you snap on your Android and it automatically syncs. I has unlimited storage as long as you keep it under 12MP. I haven't used it before because like I said I keep it on my NAS but think I should start using it. Lost some photos in between backup once because me and my wife went in the ocean (baby first time swimming so we went straight in to start taking photos and videos) and all photos in both our phone were gone.

But even with Google I will certainly still periodically backup to NAS in case Google decides to change their mind. Who knows. Microsoft decided to pull plug on MSN.

Titus