Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Condo open house - guy steals my shoes! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124620)

GoFish 10-29-2017 05:02 AM

Condo open house - guy steals my shoes!

Went to an open house in a neat old apartment building today, several pairs of shoes at the door so take mine off and check out the unit. Guy walks in as I'm talking to the realtor. Says he's a realtor as well with Team 3000 Realty. Sits down on toilet with door open, is he taking a dump?? Gets up peaks around pretending to look at the unit. Leaves about 30 seconds later. I say my goodbyes and shake hands with the listing realtor. Go to put shoes on and they're gone! Look in the bathroom and there's buddies shoes tucked in between the toilet and bathtub.

What the heck??

Don't care about the shoes buddy but please return my orthotics!

Moral of the story, don't leave valuables unattended and never trust a realtor haha. Turns out the guy is actually a realtor turned homeless, got a team of street guys looking for him now

Bob Kessel, I will find you :twised:

WarDog 10-29-2017 06:19 AM

lol

crimper 10-29-2017 06:29 AM

As I was reading this post my wife look at me as I was laughing so hard.... she stared at me and asked me... "What's wrong with you?"

I just can't help but laugh so loud. I showed my wife your post and we both lough out loud. :Banane10:

GoFish 10-29-2017 07:02 AM

For a $600 pair of shoes including the custom orthotics I've laughed a surprising amount telling the story today. Especially to the 3 good friends I have that are realtors. One of them had this actually happen to him once but he noticed very shortly after and found the guy walking a 1/2 block away, thought they were actually his apparently
Glad some others got a chuckle too :lol:

The worst part about this was walking the neighbourhood in a homeless guys pair of shoes and then getting into the truck, fired it up and the fan gave a woft of a downtown alley! These things reek of ****! They're sitting outside the house now, willing to trade the guy his sweet sweet **** soaked shoes back, hopefully I can find him tomorrow before he thinks the insoles are bulky and throws them in the trash

duncangweller 10-29-2017 07:08 PM

My wife and I always wonder if that happens. Now at least I have an excuse for always wearing my crummy worn out vans to open houses.

Here's hoping you get them back

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

GoFish 10-31-2017 02:11 AM

Got them back! Guy met me at Starbucks to exchange for his old urine covered shoes. Tracked down his brother who got me in touch with his realtor friend... Said he was really sorry and didn't mean to take them :( but he also mentioned he has a bunion and they felt really comfortable so pretty sure he "stole" them and was just remorseful because he got caught. Sure did learn a lot about this guy driving around looking for him. Met his old neighbour, his dads neighbour, drinking buddies, roommate, old friends, property manager etc... apparently used to be a very clean prim and proper successful real estate agent. Hopefully he can turn his life around

Told you Bob, I will find you. Best of luck with your sobriety
:dance:

Frogger 10-31-2017 04:22 AM

This story just keeps getting better.

Great detective work.

iamfrontosa 10-31-2017 09:49 AM

I am glad you got them back. Thanks for a good laugh at 4am !

SeaHorse_Fanatic 11-04-2017 11:34 PM

Thanks for the laughs. Needed it. Glad it all worked out in the end.

Anthony