Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

Ram3500 02-17-2017 05:37 AM

I think one of life best gifts is the ability to laugh at ones self. I have been lucky enough to laugh at myself frequently the past few years. But today I hit a parked car while pulling out out of a parking spot.
24 years of driving with no accidents but I managed to hit a parked car. Thank you life wait no thank you .

Dearth 02-17-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram3500 (Post 1008890)
I think one of life best gifts is the ability to laugh at ones self. I have been lucky enough to laugh at myself frequently the past few years. But today I hit a parked car while pulling out out of a parking spot.
24 years of driving with no accidents but I managed to hit a parked car. Thank you life wait no thank you .

Reminded me of something that happened back in November

I was rear ended by a young lady who was from the lower mainland this winter during our 3 week long -20 cold snap in November and it was hilarious as she had never driven in cold weather ever. She hit me at slow speed and got out and was a hysterical mess as it was -22ish and she had never been in the north during winter and she had no gloves on (this becomes clear in a second) A fellow who saw the accident tried to calm her down and between the two of us we finally figured out that she was petrified as she had no gloves on that if she touched her steering wheel with bare hands that they would freeze to the wheel.

First time for everything I guess. Turns out no damage to my truck small dent in her hood and after calming her down and assuring her that her hands would not freeze to the wheel sent her on her way. There are times that catch you off guard and this was one of them.

gregzz4 03-23-2017 01:14 AM

When construction of a building is complete, why is it not then called a built? ...

Ram3500 05-28-2017 06:20 AM

Me and my family lost a great wonderful boy yesterday. He was only fifteen and he took his own life.Sorry for this sad post but please watch your loved ones for signs of depression I have a huge family and none of us saw this coming. Manny hard days ahead.

duncangweller 05-28-2017 06:23 AM

That's very sad. I have a person very close to me that deals with depression on a huge scale and it something that I worry about every day.

Keep your chin up, there is often nothing that can be done and many people don't see it coming.

My best to you and your family and all his friends.

xandraescape 05-28-2017 09:13 AM

Are we talking about 13 reasons why here? Kidding aside, I guess we should all be sensitive on what the other people around us feels and at the same time take good care of our action. It is always a matter of putting oneself's in someone's shoes.

hillegom 05-28-2017 03:36 PM

I am sorry to hear that.
It is sad when someone with their whole life ahead of them decides that.
It is hard for the people left behind.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 05-28-2017 04:07 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. All of us feel sad or emotionally drained at some points in our lives, but depression is exponentially worse. It is especially tough for the family members left behind as they try to come to grips with what happened, why, what could they have done different. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Anthony

gregzz4 05-28-2017 04:30 PM

Aw jeez Bud - so sad. :hug:

Dearth 06-08-2017 05:44 AM

I've been involved in safety to varying degrees at my workplace over the last 18 yrs and in that time I have seen changes galore some were beauracratic others in response to catastrophic issues (Lakeland and burns lake sawmill explosions) to others being modernized yet one thing has not changed over the 18 years

The incessant moaning, groaning, whining and snivelling of both the employee and employer and generally speaking those in the front line of safety are the most frequent targets of those who bitch moan and groan and in some cases like today you get those that threaten you because they are forced to change

I love safety but when people start to threaten you it makes one wonder why we do safety anyway

People hate change and often lash out at the first point of contact and even though I have a thick skin it does wear one down but then again people hate to be told to do something in other words grown up children who pout

Dearth 11-19-2017 05:22 PM

It’s winter and it’s raining cats and dogs today hell even the lower mainland has more snow than we do atm unusual but still entertaining to see 3 million people panick at the sight of a snow flake its entertainment value for us northerners for sure watching lower mainlanders drive in snow or should I say attempt to drive in snow.

lockrookie 12-29-2017 02:19 AM

Belated merry Christmas and ahead of schedule happy new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gregzz4 01-26-2018 04:45 AM

Me: Post stuff for sale
Member PM: Hey, I want your stuff. Here's my #
Me Text Member: Hey, it's me. Blah, blah blah blah, blah etc.
:yawn: 1 day
Me PM Member: Hey, did you get my text?
:yawn:

At least I haven't had any 'no shows' yet :rolleyes:

Craigdillman 01-26-2018 05:05 AM

Me: post some stuff up on Kijiji ..2$
Other person : ... is this still for sale ...
Me: yes ( that’s why the add is still up man)
Other person : ok would you concisely taking 1$ for it and delivering it
Me: smashed face on wall , no

Every Kijiji email thread

Delphinus 01-26-2018 03:05 PM

It's not a whole lot better on the facebook marketplace groups. I couldn't even give away something for FREE because it was just person after person of no-shows, or "can you please hold it for 3 weeks because life is busy?" and so on. After going down the chain of 4 or 5 people I simply gave up.

Dearth 01-26-2018 07:03 PM

Same here I had a tank for sale lots of interested people bunch said they would be at my place so and so day and time wait nobody showed had well over a dozen people do this to me finally gave it away to a friend who wanted it but couldn’t afford it and I just wanted it gone

chizerbunoi 01-27-2018 12:37 AM

I post stuff for free and they still ask for delivery. I say I can

spit.fire 01-27-2018 07:45 AM

thats why i just throw stuff out now.... people want to low ball me... ill throw it out, no shows, i throw it out

Ram3500 02-06-2018 03:41 AM

Tank is crashing :neutral: sps have been looking off for a few weeks. Went to Vegas last Monday hoping thing would get better. When I got back on Friday things still not looking snappy. Found a battery in my ato last night that explains a lot. It’s been in there since my sisters kids put in there on Christmas Day. They are not invited to dinner next year.

Myka 02-06-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram3500 (Post 1024019)
Tank is crashing :neutral: sps have been looking off for a few weeks. Went to Vegas last Monday hoping thing would get better. When I got back on Friday things still not looking snappy. Found a battery in my ato last night that explains a lot. It’s been in there since my sisters kids put in there on Christmas Day. They are not invited to dinner next year.

Oh noooo... :(

titus 02-06-2018 01:21 PM

Hello

I hope things will recover after lots of water changes.

Titus

gregzz4 02-06-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Oh crap. Carbon every few days and water changes

WarDog 02-06-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Crappy. Let us know if you need anything Ian!

Ram3500 02-08-2018 05:40 AM

Thanks Guys things look like they are calming down. I really want to post a picture of a huge dead colony because who doesn’t want to see dead corals. unfortunately I can’t figure out how to post from Imgur from my phone. Any one want to do a photo step by step how to post for a idiot. Can reef needs to see more photos of dead corals so the fellow peps won’t try to enhance coral growth with energiser batteries.

Dearth 02-08-2018 06:35 PM

I sold a bunch of older aquarium equipment to a buyer 2 weeks ago (shipping his cost) and I got the package back yesterday (rts as person did not pay for package) messaged buyer who said he never agreed to shipping at his cost to which I resent the agreement that he understood it was at buyers cost to which he denied ever agreeing to it and claimed to never of seen that even though I sent all the replies where he agreed to it

End result got the equipment back told the buyer that I wouldn’t be dealing with him anymore and I would make sure that the local community knew about this so that they would be aware of his indiscretion

Some people ....

WarDog 02-08-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearth (Post 1024110)
I sold a bunch of older aquarium equipment to a buyer 2 weeks ago (shipping his cost) and I got the package back yesterday (rts as person did not pay for package) messaged buyer who said he never agreed to shipping at his cost to which I resent the agreement that he understood it was at buyers cost to which he denied ever agreeing to it and claimed to never of seen that even though I sent all the replies where he agreed to it

End result got the equipment back told the buyer that I wouldn’t be dealing with him anymore and I would make sure that the local community knew about this so that they would be aware of his indiscretion

Some people ....

I would have charged him a 15% restocking fee.

gregzz4 02-09-2018 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram3500 (Post 1024094)
Thanks Guys things look like they are calming down. I really want to post a picture of a huge dead colony because who doesn’t want to see dead corals. unfortunately I can’t figure out how to post from Imgur from my phone. Any one want to do a photo step by step how to post for a idiot. Can reef needs to see more photos of dead corals so the fellow peps won’t try to enhance coral growth with energiser batteries.

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/arti...-Upload-Images

gregzz4 02-09-2018 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 1024113)
I would have charged him a 15% restocking fee.

:twised:

Dash 02-10-2018 02:15 AM

Omg tell me about it. Going through it now and it’s tragic. Grrr...
Just yesterday & today, in addition to the usual crazy CL respondents, I had 4 “definite” coming-right-after-work guys only to have them fall through. The last guy, after my husband offered to help him move it into his van, said he heard you can’t use a tank for freshwater after it’s had saltwater. What. Sadly one of them was a canreefer who, after commiserating with me about how difficult people are, proceeded to offer me a lowball price after he knew the previous guy bailed on me. Truly, I would rather give it away at that point.

Madreefer 02-11-2018 10:14 PM

I find it very odd that when I bump my for sale post it never goes to the top. Hmmm

WarDog 02-11-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madreefer (Post 1024207)
I find it very odd that when I bump my for sale post it never goes to the top. Hmmm

You need to actually bump it first.

Might be a conspiracy.

Madreefer 02-12-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 1024208)
You need to actually bump it first.

Might be a conspiracy.

Haha yup and it lasts just a couple of hours. But thanks for the bump haha

Dearth 05-26-2018 03:06 PM

Took an expensive watch to have battery replaced but due to its size about an inch and half across most of the jewelry stores I went too wouldn’t touch it because they didn’t have the tools to open such a large backing plate.

Finally got a jeweller that could do it and when they opened it I got a surprise when the store clerk told me that there was 3 batteries in the watch one battery for each function on the watch. Total cost was 55 dollars and learned a new lesson about big fancy watches