Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Calgary (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CAS Spring auction - saltwater needed! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23824)

dunl 03-20-2006 03:25 PM

CAS Spring auction - saltwater needed!

1 Attachment(s)
Now, before anyone jumps on me for this, I KNOW there's never any saltwater stuff at the auctions, or very little. HOWEVER, that makes it a GREAT place to unload any saltwater stock, equipment, or supplies you might have. Personally, I would think there would be a huge market for this at the Calgary auction, if only there were more saltwater lots. I know the CAS is mainly a freshwater organisation, but they would be very happy to have saltwater lots for the auction, and you don't need to be a member to sell lots. (no pun intended :D)

dunl 03-21-2006 02:43 AM

Any takers?

BMW Rider 03-21-2006 01:49 PM

I don't have anything to sell right now, but iwas thinking of going if i can fit it in. I am looking for a specific size tankto use as a sump.

dunl 03-24-2006 03:15 AM

Bumpity, bumpity boo.....an elephant sat on you......

allincuddy 03-24-2006 04:11 AM

cas auction

Andy, if reef stuff was brought, who would be able to put it in afreshwater tank, do you think there will be reefer' there? If you are a reefer and are going is there somewhere you canpost to say that, otherwise corals don't last long in freshwater.
It would be good but wouldn't want a coral frag going for the same price as a5 lb Jack Dempsey.
If Iknew other reefer's were goingit would help turn out.
Just my 2 cents.
Mark W/C yellows

dunl 03-24-2006 04:26 AM

I think that you have to realize that although a lot of "freshwater" people will be there, they won't be stupid enough to toss saltwater stuff in their freshwater tanks. Lots of freshwater people have saltwater tanks, too.

Delphinus 03-24-2006 05:10 AM

I'd love to come. I'm not sure if I can make it yet though. But I'll try..

After all, I've got a FW tank around here somewhere .... I'm sure of it. ;) I totally need a new stand for it anyhow, it's a tubular stand and with a bunch of electrical stuff and canisters underneath.. And add one incredibly mobile 9 month old with an innate danger-o-meter built in ("Oooooh! Wires and stuff!") .. Yeah I totally need a cabinet style stand now..

fishmanty 03-24-2006 06:15 AM

Mark, bring corals... I'll just end up buying them all! :P

TheGr8Blade 03-24-2006 01:29 PM

I believe that CAS would appreciate any SW equipment or livestock as there are alot of members who do both FW and SW. I personally am hoping that there will be some frags and whatnot at the auction.:biggrin:

dunl 03-24-2006 03:03 PM

Honestly, it's something that is sorely lacking at the auctions. I wouldn't be surprised if saltwater stuff brought on a bidding war. :)