Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

wayner 11-08-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

How did you lose 35lbs?! I can't seem to ever lose any weight.
That's probably a good thing, cause you wouldn't be able to go out on windy days.

Coralgurl 11-08-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 761948)
The down side to losing 35lbs...
Wedding ring falls off my finger so easy.

Now its in the snow some where...

:(

Congrats on the weight loss!!!! 2 months after I got engaged, I took my ring off in the car to put lotion on my hands. Fiance drops me off in front of my building, I hop out and go to work. 3 hours later I realized my ring was missing. Called him at work to check the car - not there. Checked with security in my building to see if someone turned it in, nope. I go scour the sidewalk, in tears. Went back to work, then went looking again. I look along the curb and I see a sliver of sparke, my ring, was pretty much buried in the dirt.

Hope you find yours!!! Don't give up!

Nano 11-08-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 761969)
Oh no. Better buy a metal detector

I once lost mine down heat duct luckily
The ceiling in basement is suspended

Yeah that's looking to be my best bet... Unless anyone has one I could borrow for a few hours locally, I would be for ever grateful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 761977)
How did you lose 35lbs?! I can't seem to ever lose any weight.

Lol I stopped eating out all the time and dropped coffee. That was hard, but I feel 100% better. Also turns out apple's are like 5x better then a cup of coffee for waking you up (dont quote me on the 5x part lol)

My poor finger feels like its going to float away. I was going to try a magnet, but it turns out tungsten carbide isn't magnetic.Thanks google for getting my hopes up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coralgurl (Post 761982)
Congrats on the weight loss!!!! 2 months after I got engaged, I took my ring off in the car to put lotion on my hands. Fiance drops me off in front of my building, I hop out and go to work. 3 hours later I realized my ring was missing. Called him at work to check the car - not there. Checked with security in my building to see if someone turned it in, nope. I go scour the sidewalk, in tears. Went back to work, then went looking again. I look along the curb and I see a sliver of sparke, my ring, was pretty much buried in the dirt.

Hope you find yours!!! Don't give up!

Thanks I hope I do.. its under 10" of snow right now I've been digging all night. No luck so far. Hopefully it melts in the next few days so I can find it!

kien 11-08-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner (Post 761981)
That's probably a good thing, cause you wouldn't be able to go out on windy days.

Good point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 761986)
Lol I stopped eating out all the time and dropped coffee.

Okay ya.. That ain't happening :lol: good on ya for finding what works tho! I know it can be quite a challenge.

Nano 11-08-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 761990)

Okay ya.. That ain't happening :lol: good on ya for finding what works tho! I know it can be quite a challenge.

Hahah its a struggle but I decided this weekend I'm going to have some grease lol I earned it.

gregzz4 11-08-2012 12:45 AM

I drop stuff all the time and don't appear to be losing any weight
Is there a trick to this method? Maybe some finesse I don't know about ?

kien 11-08-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 761992)
Hahah its a struggle but I decided this weekend I'm going to have some grease lol I earned it.

Maybe go for a run afterward :-)

Nano 11-08-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 761993)
I drop stuff all the time and don't appear to be losing any weight
Is there a trick to this method? Maybe some finesse I don't know about ?

Lol well my jobs fairly physical too. I'm sure that plays a part.

And yeah I dont run kien lol i smoke haha. That's my next habit to drop. Then maybe... Maaaybe.. I might be able to run. Lol

gregzz4 11-08-2012 01:19 AM

I smoke and can still run like I stole it, but I don't do it for the health benefits

I guess the whole concept of losing weight by dropping stuff is feasible if;
I buy a coffee and a donut, then walk out of the store and luge on the sidewalk, weight-loss is imminent

Aquattro 11-08-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 762019)

I guess the whole concept of losing weight by dropping stuff is feasible if;

I think it depends how heavy it is. Pick up 200 pounds and drop it a bunch of times, you'll loose weight :)