Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lighting Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Radions (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90815)

Cal_stir 10-17-2012 09:07 PM

Radions

I have a chance to buy 2 radions with hanging kit and rail kit for $1000., they are @ 4 months old but it looks like the warranty is only good for the original purchaser and I think they were purchased in the US.
Should I take the chance? How reliable are they?
Any input appreciated.
Thanks.

jorjef 10-17-2012 09:19 PM

I wouldn't, they seem to have more than their share of issues. Asking price is about the same as buying two new AI Sol. with the kit.

subman 10-17-2012 09:34 PM

The sols aren't even in the same league as the radions. That's a very good deal, they would sell in a heartbeat on Canreef at that price

lockrookie 10-17-2012 09:47 PM

Pros: your saving money

Cons: recent issues with the fixtures
No warranty if its not transferable

Sent from my porcelain aquarium

reefgirl189 10-17-2012 09:49 PM

I would. I love my radions but it's a love-hate relationship. They do make me work to keep them happy.

Proteus 10-17-2012 09:49 PM

Yep Jason's right. One radion is like two sols and then some. Why would warranty be from date purchase. I know that my brother returned one and all they needed was serial#.
I traded my sol in for radion

Cal_stir 10-17-2012 09:55 PM

This is what the warranty states, to me it says not transferable.

LIMITED WARRANTIES. The Radion is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for
period of (1) year from the date of original purchase. The LED bulbs clusters in the Radion are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for period of (2) years from the date of original purchase. This limited warranty is extended to the original buyer of the Covered Products (the “Buyer”). EcoTech Marine disclaims all warranties, express or implied, to subsequent purchasers or users.

Myka 10-17-2012 09:55 PM

That's a really good price. It seems the going rate is about $600-650 each used. I think for $1000 I would be ok with no warranty, but that's your own judgement. If you want the warranty you will be paying about $1800 for retail including the rail and taxes. If you do buy them, consider buying the TIR lens kits too.

jorjef 10-17-2012 10:27 PM

If the price seems too good to be true.........There are a ton of variables, how well do you know the seller?, what type of tank do you have? (fowlr or reef). Why is he selling?, why is he selling so cheap after only four months?... a person could debate forever.

ensquire 10-17-2012 10:28 PM

If your not going to buy them , you can pass the info on to me and I will buy a couple more for my other tank.
LOL