Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Marine Fish (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Torch Coral busted for attempted Homicide! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78222)

Myka 09-07-2011 10:58 PM

Torch Coral busted for attempted Homicide!

I was feeding the reef today, everyone looks happy...busily savaging the food I added. All of a sudden the gold Torch Coral grabs the Jawfish! :eek: Jawfish is stuck on, suddenly motionless, and not breathing. Sh**, f***, d***!!!! :twised: So I use turkey baster to get Jawfish off the Torch. Jawfish floats around tank motionless. :cry: I reach in to grab Jawfish and find he's wiggling a bit. I go get a specimen container, and put Jawfish in there. He is breathing one big GASP every 10-15 seconds. He's a goner for sure. :cry: I turn off the tank lights to help him calm down. As I watch, the gasps are getting closer together. Eventually he is gasping heavily and is start to flick around a bit in the container. Then he starts swimming around wanting out. So I let him out. He's now swimming around the tank looking stressed as hell, and can't seem to find his burrow. I hope he gets his fried brain sorted out, and is ok. Nothing like seeing nature in action!! Very cool, but sad for the little guy.

Zoaelite 09-07-2011 11:05 PM

Currently on A&E:
The First 48: Pearly gets Torched

Next on A&E:
The First 48: Blood on the Carpet

After that on A&E:
Hoarders Buried Alive: Special segment on fish tank Hoarders Myka and The Grizz!

In all seriousness that's freaking crazy! Never thought a regular run of the mill torch could be stinging fish like that, I will stick to my SPS and zoas haha.

Zoaelite 09-07-2011 11:07 PM

Perhaps if you were feeding Pacifica plankton your Torch would be nutritionally complete and wouldn't require Blenny snacks:lol:?

The Grizz 09-07-2011 11:21 PM

:razz:
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoaElite (Post 634257)
Currently on A&E:
The First 48: Pearly gets Torched

Next on A&E:
The First 48: Blood on the Carpet

After that on A&E:
Hoarders Buried Alive: Special segment on fish tank Hoarders Myka and The Grizz!

In all seriousness that's freaking crazy! Never thought a regular run of the mill torch could be stinging fish like that, I will stick to my SPS and zoas haha.

:razz: jealous

Zoaelite 09-07-2011 11:28 PM

Not so much jealously , more in the realm of apprehension.

Apprehension towards the fact that one day I know I will be on the hoarder special... this is an addicting hobby we got going :razz:.

The Grizz 09-07-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoaElite (Post 634265)
Not so much jealously , more in the realm of apprehension.

Apprehension towards the fact that one day I know I will be on the hoarder special... this is an addicting hobby we got going :razz:.

Maybe they should do a show on zoa hoarder's, I would suggest they start at your house :lol:

Myka

Very weird, isn't it strange how a clown can host in a torch but a jawfish gets it's brain scrambled.

Myka 09-07-2011 11:59 PM

OMG ZoaElite you kill me!!!!!!! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 634268)
Very weird, isn't it strange how a clown can host in a torch but a jawfish gets it's brain scrambled.

Yes, so strange. Wild world of wet things. Ok, that sounds a bit funny.

The Grizz 09-08-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 634272)
Yes, so strange. Wild world of wet things. Ok, that sounds a bit funny.

You say funny but my mind went straight in the gutter & down the drain.:twised:

Aquarium_Medics 09-08-2011 12:33 AM

Glad I'm not alone with the mental trip.

Myka 09-08-2011 01:33 PM

Perverts! :eek: :lol:

Jawfish found his burrow overnight, and looks ok. I will feed the tank in a bit...hopefully he eats!